Search the forum,

Discuss Central Heating stopped working in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Darkwing

Hi All

My boiler is fine - i get hot water no issue.

The problem is that my central heating isn't coming on.

I have a Drayton SM1 control and although it makes the "clock sound" moving the switches on the control does nothing. I can not get the red light to show up at all.

Is this likely to be an issue with the control being faulty or something else in the system?

Thanks for any advice.

Welcome to the forum. Need a bit more detail or better still pictures of pump and controls.

If the time clock has a red light not working, then probably is the clock that is faulty. Needs a simple check to see if power is going to boiler.
Some systems have motorised valves and can be wired that the power goes from the motorised valve when it opens to the boiler and it is possible for it to be faulty.

Welcome to the forum Darkwing, if it is not something you can diy then post your postcode and perhaps a member local to you could help.

Thanks for the quick replys guys!

Photos are viewing at (bit too big to post here)

Index of /Photos

It's annoying as was only serviced a month or two back! I believe it's covered under my house insurance so I could give them a call but if it's simply a case of replacing the unit then it's pretty straight forward.

Got the same boiler. Presumably your timeswitch is wired across the room stat terminals? Do you have a room stat in line as well or just using the timeswitch?
If you're competent with a screwdriver you could move the red wire on terminal 5 to the black wire on terminal 3. If the heating comes on it's a fault with the timeswitch contacts. If it doesn't, there's a break or something else in the line.

Thanks I'll give that a go and see what happens. The themostat is in the hallway, that's not lighting up either.

I've just done this - the heating is back! (well till i move it back).

Does this just sound like the unit is broken?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Central Heating stopped working in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock