Search the forum,

Discuss Central Heating Radiator Use in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

D

Dave Heating

Hi,

This question is related to a 5 bedroom property, with a radiator in each room. Whereby heating is turned on/off in bursts of 2 hours (2 hours on, 2 hours off). 3 rooms are used constantly and 2 (smaller) are not. Assume the house is well insulated.

A DIY family member believes that heating the whole house is the better option, however I am under the impression that turning the radiators off in the 2 rooms makes more sense. DIY family member argues that in the 2 hours off period the house will cool down much slower if the whole house has been heated. I however argue the cost implications outweigh the probably negligible slower cool down?

Views on this?

As an additional question would leaving the doors of those 2 (smaller) rooms open/closed make an impact?

Hope that makes sense.

Many thanks.

It’s one of them if sealed off from the rest eg door kept shut your right but if the door is being opened then it will passively heat via connecting rooms eg hallway which will increase the load on these

Reply to Central Heating Radiator Use in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock