Search the forum,

Discuss Central Heating programmer with WiFi in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all, I was wondering if someone ever heard of a system boiler programmer with WiFi. My niece lives in social housing and has gas central heating with system boiler and copper cylinder for domestic hot water also she has a room stat in her hallway and a 2ch programmer in her kitchen and she asked me was there such a thing as a smart central heating programmer that would replace the programmer in the kitchen that could connect to the WiFi to allow her to turn her heating on when she was heading home from work but as she gets home at different times normal setting the programmer to come on at a set time every day wouldn't suit her. She can't install anything like Hive or other types of wireless thermostat as her tenancy agreement forbids her from altering her electrical circuits.
Hope someone can help. Thanks in advance
Prestige properties

What programmer is currently installed? Hive or similar would be better, but one maybe a straight swap. Social housing don’t usually mind, as long as it’s the same as when she moved in.

I don’t think Horstmann do a LP112, Drayton do, if it’s the latter then keep the backplate on, install Hive onto the existing backplate, and when she’s ready to upgrade, move out, then she can swap it back. (Keeping the existing programmer).

Reply to Central Heating programmer with WiFi in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I am trying to link a Hive heating & hot water dual channel receiver to an old Vaillant THERMOcompact VU GB 242/1 E system boiler. It has an internal programmer that is similar to a time switch 120 (plug in seven day programmer) This programmer is connect to a terminal strip using 345 (three...
Replies
Views
R
Hello its my 1st post hope im in the right place We brought a new house a medium-large 3 bedroom semi, we moved in the summer. Now coming to winter we started putting the central heating on. The central heating has a mind of its on it’s really strange iv never experienced this We put the heating...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from the loft water reservoir tank (which also feeds the cold water taps in the bathroom & the WC cistern). There is an expansion vessel attached to this...
Replies
Views
E
I recently moved into a new property which has a gas boiler and: (1) A hot water tank - this is controlled by a Hive timer programmer (all good); (2) Wet underfloor system on ground floor - this is controlled by Heatmiser thermostats (all good); and (3) Radiators on first floor and towel...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised valves simple bi-metal thermostat on wall in flat with 4 standard TRV's rarely used so not worried about the flat, and main house has Nest Gen 3 in the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock