Search the forum,

Discuss Central Heating Pipework in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Leoki

Hi All

If you have the time could you have a think about the following for me please, any advice would be gratefully received.

I am doing some work for a customer early in the new year, Im replacing 3 x existing wall hung steel panel radiators with newer compact radiators.

The loft in the property has been converted and I have been asked to put two compact radiators upstairs as well. It’s a large old Victorian style building so it’s a really nice loft space with windows at each end. One new radiator to go under each window. Distance between the front and back walls/windows is about 11 metres.

On the first floor there is the main family bathroom and 3 x bedrooms. The bathroom and one bedroom are at the back end of the house, each with an existing radiator in it, a bedroom in the middle of the first floor, the third bedroom being at the front of the house again with an existing radiator fitted.

I want to keep the length of pipe runs to a minimum, Im therefore thinking of coming off the flow and return (two pipe system) from existing radiators on the first floor in the front and back bedrooms, exposed pipework neatly running up the wall through the ceiling coming up into the loft directly above, under the window where the new radiators will be situated.

The house is served by a relatively new Worcester Bosch Greenstar Junior 24i combi boiler.

Any thoughts on this, any other observations. Cleaning of soldered pipework and inhibiting of the central heating system are already a given.

Thankyou

Last edited by a moderator:
I suppose that should work re pipe routing
Just be mindful of the system capacity re expansion as you havent said Whats already there.
If its already near the max re water volume you may need to add an extra expansion vessel.
Max is 100l
And also check pump head

Last edited by a moderator:
Newcastle Phill, thankyou. The system presently has 12 x radiators of various sizes connected, three proposed new ones would take that to 15 in total. The boiler has an maximum output of 24kw on the heating side. I will try and get some information from Worcester Bosch as to pump head values.

Probs 6m, all will be fine IMO, though poor dhw performance for large house

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Central Heating Pipework in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock