Search the forum,

Discuss Central heating overactive! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

ma701ss

Hi,

We had a radiator fitted a few days ago. That evening and since then, when the hot water has been on in the evening there seems to be more "activity" with the pipework. As I understand it, the same water flowing through the radiator pipework diverts and heats the water in the cylinder when hot water only is on. The pipework near the cylinder and boiler that has the multihead and Magnaclean attached is flowing and getting hot. I suppose this is what it should be doing, as the multihead is the pump isn't it? It's just that I've never noticed these working before when hot water only has been on, as they are so loud. It seems that something is different since the radiator has been fitted.

On a different subject, one radiator pipe was disconnected and capped off with a push fitting and left under the floorboards, so there's a deadleg of about 6 inches coming off the main run now. Is this good practice, as I wondered if the flow would be affected or if it's good to have a fitting like this that could potentially leak without us knowing?

Thanks

A new smaller radiator was put in so theres a new pipe branching off and a deadleg where the old pipe is.

If the system was drained to put a smaller rad in it would have been sensible to remove the old branch , push fit under the floor no thanks !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Central heating overactive! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock