Search the forum,

Discuss Central heating only working when releasing water? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
The Boiler is a vortex combi 21 oil fed
The central heating will only work manually if you drain water from the system
(I’ve been using a valve near the front door with a hose to outside) while simultaneously filling from the boiler.
Interestingly it will stay working once it’s manually been pumped until it’s turned off and sealed.
Hot water to taps etc is perfectly fine

So far have tried:
Changing both central heating pump and water pump for good measure,
Draining the system and filling again,
Checking for any air locks and bleeding,
Repacked the programmer and thermostat,
Serviced the boiler.

Any other ideas anyone?

Getting the system to work by draining and refilling is irrelevant. You've changed the pump but is it actually working? Follow these steps in the fault finding which should give you a better understanding of what to look for.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191004-131236_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20191004-131236_Drive.jpg
    635.1 KB · Views: 5

Reply to Central heating only working when releasing water? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

So a strange conundrum regarding water temp if anyone can help resolve, would be much appreciated. Ive tried to give as much info as possible to give a full picture but let me know if ive missed anything. I have a Baxi Avanta 25h heat only boiler. Works fine. Unvented 300ltr megaflow. Stated...
Replies
Views
My central heating is run off a heat pump ( air to water ) quite expensive to run , So I’m plainning to fit a wood burning with a back boiler to connect to the heating system, So while the wood burning on during winter months it will stop the heat pump for working hard Or not all all . My...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem could be. We have a biomass boiler and stratification tank set up and recently had an issue with boiler pressure dropping off when the system was cold...
Replies
Views
I thought I'd create a master thread to move all of these similar threads into, over time like. If your central heating doesn't work boiler doesn't work radiators not working radiators or heating system is cold thermostat wont work or respond Then post a reply in this thread. Rather than us...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock