Search the forum,

Discuss Central heating on if water is on in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

If the hot water is on, hot water is running round the CH system, even if CH is switched off.

Vaillant tell me that you control the temp of the HW at the tank. And indeed I can’t adjust the water temp at the boiler.

But if I increase the temp of the CH, the HE gets hotter.

Also, if I turn the CH off at the boiler, there is no HW, even if switched on.

Any ideas?

Sounds like motorised valve failure. I’m guessing you have a heat only/system boiler? The central heating water is used to heat the hot water cylinder independently from the heating as it has its own circuit, controlled by motorised valves.

Sounds like motorised valve failure. I’m guessing you have a heat only/system boiler? The central heating water is used to heat the hot water cylinder independently from the heating as it has its own circuit, controlled by motorised valves.
Thanks where would the motorised valve be? We’ve changed something, I think it was called a 3 way valve, twice. No dice from that.

3 port valve might be what you’ve changed, don’t think there’d be one in that boiler. It would be near the hot water cylinder. Did you cnahge the full valve or just he motor head?

3 port valve might be what you’ve changed, don’t think there’d be one in that boiler. It would be near the hot water cylinder. Did you cnahge the full valve or just he motor head?
Yes , it’s by the cylinder. And I’m pretty sure ve changed the valve (twice) and it didn’t fix it. If that’s the one you’re talking about, do you have any other ideas?

Reply to Central heating on if water is on in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock