Search the forum,

Discuss Central heating issues in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

B

Bob Stapleton

Hi all. I've got an issue developing with my heating that is causing some head-scratching. First, some background info - the system consists of a 36kW condensing boiler, supplying 10 radiators, 2 towel rails & an underfloor loop, using 22/15mm copper tube. A magnetic filter is fitted on the return leg to the boiler. All the radiators have unbranded thermostatic valves fitted, except the underfloor loop which is, apart from a blending valve, unrestricted. The system is approx. 9 years old. The past couple of years has seen an issue developing where gurgling can be heard when opening the thermostatic valves a little more than the nominal setting. However, this only happens on certain radiators. More often than not, air can then be bled from that radiator. The radiators affected are on both the ground & first floors. The system is drained regularly each year & refilled, adding inhibitor. Last year I drained the system, removed each radiator & flushed them. At the same time, the offending valves were replaced. The problem still persists. Has anyone got any ideas of other remedies I can try? Many thanks.

Change the trvs to danfoss ras c2

Every time you drain a system and re-fill you will have minor air issues like you are describing.

Once in a while open all the TRV's fully, let the system run for a while, shut the system off and bleed the rads.

I would do this twice a year at my house, but I'm a heating plumber with a 20 year old neglected heating system, with a boiler that won't die, radiators and radiator valves that won't leak

Reply to Central heating issues in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I have recently bought a house which is 17 years old. There was a small leak from one of the radiators So I took the pipe off and drained the radiator and the water was black/brown. I took the radiator off and flushed it out with a hose pipe out the garden but it's got me thinking and I...
Replies
Views
I thought I'd create a master thread to move all of these similar threads into, over time like. If your central heating doesn't work boiler doesn't work radiators not working radiators or heating system is cold thermostat wont work or respond Then post a reply in this thread. Rather than us...
Replies
Views
I need to extend my central heating from my newly built extension in to the old part of my house. I need to feed 3 rads in separate bedrooms on the first floor and then to feed a towel rail in a bathroom a rad in the utility and a rad in my lounge on the ground floor. Can I run my 22mm flow &...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper pipes) and having serious issues with banging pipes only when central heating is on. Not when running taps We have a wall in living room that has stop tap...
Replies
Views
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help me with below issue. During winter time only, I have been having issue with low pressure or pressure dropping with unvented hot water cylinder system. During summer time there is no usage of central heating so the pressure at unvented system is not...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock