Search the forum,

Discuss Central heating issue in the Australia area at PlumbersForums.net

Vailant ecotec system boiler. Drayton Lifestyle controller

Hi. Yesterday I turned on my central heating. After turning it at the controller off I noticed it was still running. The hot water was set to 'timer' (but wasn't on at that time) When I turned the hot water to 'off' the boiler stopped & the central heating went off. I turned the HW back on to 'Timer'. This morning, when the HW was running during its timed programme, the rads got hot.

Could anyone point me in the direction of the possible cause for this? I'm thinking sticking zone valve at the HW cylinder but really have no idea. Could it be this, or an issue with the Drayton controller?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Sticking 2 port or misbehaving 3 port.

2 port either sticking or micro switch in head stuck closed.

Thanks for that. The black manual switch on the body of the actuator is 'floppy' (no resistance) I read somewhere that this indicates the unit is stuck in mid position, supplying both HW & CH at the same time. Is this correct? I've attached a photo for reference
PB100004.JPG

Mm, it seems the photo hasn't loaded? The unit is a Drayton mid position actuator MA1

Reply to Central heating issue in the Australia area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the outputs goes to a 2 port diverter prior to the Megaflo (I believe this is some safety feature). I have run into an intermittent problem where some...
Replies
Views
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help me with below issue. During winter time only, I have been having issue with low pressure or pressure dropping with unvented hot water cylinder system. During summer time there is no usage of central heating so the pressure at unvented system is not...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and plasterboard celling. I have got unvented pressurized RM Cylinders hot water system with 27KW Worchester gas boiler with expansion vessels . When...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
I need to extend my central heating from my newly built extension in to the old part of my house. I need to feed 3 rads in separate bedrooms on the first floor and then to feed a towel rail in a bathroom a rad in the utility and a rad in my lounge on the ground floor. Can I run my 22mm flow &...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this could be as a result of us noticing the sound more when there is less environmental noise). Unfortunately, it is severely disrupting our sleep, so we...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock