Search the forum,

Discuss Central heating help. New system instal not been done correctly? Please give advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Carlton

Hi there

can someone please offer some help. I'm having a new heating system installed by professional plumbers but I get the feeling I'm going to be left with a bad system.

Im in a three storey house which originally had a boiler in the middle floor and then hot water cylinder top floor, vented system. Now the boiler + hot water cylinder is in the garage ground floor. Sealed system with water tank mounted in the garage and a booster pump supplying high pressure to all floors. The components are all Worcester so I think good quality system.

Were im a little worried is the pipe work install. They've run new pipe work from the garage till the original location of the boiler. There they have tee'd into the existing system and change all the rad valves. When they turned the system on this Friday we had a few leaks. Firstly I assume the new pipe work should be pressure tested not using a live test? Am I within my right to demand a pressure test? And what form of test? Time etc?

They hadnt considered a secondary return but now I think this is necessary. Three story's it takes quite a while for the water to heat up. They are planning to use the an old heating pipe form the boiler location to act as a return. I'm guessing you meant to use an old heating pipe. How bad is this? Serious?

Ive also included a few pictures of the instal. Before I let them finish please let me know if there is something I should push them to tidy up? Especially any rules they have not adhered to?

Any help would be massively appreciated.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 52
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 50
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 44
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 44
Re: Central heating help. New system instal not been done correctly? Please give advi

Always reluctant to comment on the work of others without full knowledge of job. Did you deliberately take photos upside down to make them look bad.

Re: Central heating help. New system instal not been done correctly? Please give advi

first of stop trying to find fault with what looks like a very reasonable install. Occasional leaks are to be expected, probably from your old pipework if anything. You test pipes with water, not sure how you want it done, air testing is dangerous if you get it wrong. re secondary return, let the team do it for you, stop fussing, they know a dam sight more how to do the job and save you money than you or anyone you ask about it. I see a lot worse on a daily basis, were I was yesterday would have given you apoplexy, be happy your guys seem to know how to do an install

Looks ok to me. Poor pictures though.

Any queries speak to the installer. You are paying him.

If you are looking for a project manager then its four hundred a day plus a pound a mile travel. :)

Ask questions. You will probably find you are getting your knickers in a twist over nothing.

first of stop trying to find fault with what looks like a very reasonable install. Occasional leaks are to be expected, probably from your old pipework if anything. You test pipes with water, not sure how you want it done, air testing is dangerous if you get it wrong. re secondary return, let the team do it for you, stop fussing, they know a dam sight more how to do the job and save you money than you or anyone you ask about it. I see a lot worse on a daily basis, were I was yesterday would have given you apoplexy, be happy your guys seem to know how to do an install

+1 the system doesnt look too bad sleeves on all pipes going through walls most are 22mm pipes, garage pipe work insulated

image.jpg

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

image3.jpg

Drives me mad when people are paying thousands for a job but are too worried to ask their installer a question. Talk to them about your concerns. Hope they're not on here to see this thread.

air can be compressed and contain a lot of energy if a fitting blew off and smacked you in the eye you wouldn't like it, there are so many considerations which we on this forum arnt aware of so were not going to find fault just to please you, if you are very specific perhaps its possible to reply to a specific question

Look's tidy to me ....please don't be afraid to ask your installer's any question's you may have after all you are paying for the work ....communication is the best thing between customer and installer .....regards Turnpin:smile5:

Regarding the secondary return, if you were worried about it why didn't you say so at the quote/beginning of the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Central heating help. New system instal not been done correctly? Please give advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and plasterboard celling. I have got unvented pressurized RM Cylinders hot water system with 27KW Worchester gas boiler with expansion vessels . When...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Can central heating / gas engineer expert help me with below issue. During winter time only, I have been having issue with low pressure or pressure dropping with unvented hot water cylinder system. During summer time there is no usage of central heating so the pressure at unvented system is not...
Replies
Views
Afternoon all, I have a customer with a heavily extended semi which now has 4 beds, 2 bathroom and 5 reception rooms. They have started working from home and want to zone the heating system, unfortunately the system boiler and cylinder is in the garage with 2 x 22mm primary pipes disappearing...
Replies
Views
Hello, recently our boiler stopped working properly, causing a lack of heat in our 14-radiator splitter in 3 storeys. having only one boiler at time it kind of working, only for one at time (and partially hot), depending on the priority in the system. We contacted Valliant for assistance...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some urgent advice. I've Just come home after going out for evening, to discover hallway floor and kitchen floor covered in water. On further inspection I discovered that water was coming from boiler cupboard. On looking in boiler cupboard I found boiler has started leaking water...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock