Search the forum,

Discuss Central Heating Drain Down in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Needing to change a radiator in bathroom and will need to change out trv and lock shield. On the bottom radiator I have this valve but no drain off attachment. What can I add to this to attach a pipe to drain off.

Attachments

• 80324D59-7F0C-4CFB-8955-80F75EE022F4.jpeg
    80324D59-7F0C-4CFB-8955-80F75EE022F4.jpeg
    75.9 KB · Views: 12
There is a drain off on the valve You need a hose to fit over the drain point run it to a drain , dust sheet down a tray to catch spillage , depending on the type of system it will need isolating , before loosening the air tap type pin in the valve push the hose on open up the air taps at high level rads first , then the lower ones till drained

There is a drain off on the valve You need a hose to fit over the drain point run it to a drain , dust sheet down a tray to catch spillage , depending on the type of system it will need isolating , before loosening the air tap type pin in the valve push the hose on open up the air taps at high level rads first , then the lower ones till drained

Cheers, thought that was the case, just checking if anything has been improved on making this crappy job more easier on that type of valve. 😁

Reply to Central Heating Drain Down in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
My daughter's place has a small water leak on a ground floor radiator valve. The radiator pipework is small diameter.i.e 8 or 10 mm. A plumber is coming back in a day or so to make necessary repairs. I am a little concerned as the house has a Boilermate 2000 on the upper floor and the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello Plumbers I’ve replaced a 540mm high cast iron rad with 740mm high, like for like but still a 20mm valve extension was required. All was ok until I've spotted a v small leak (like 1 drip per hour) between the valve nut and extension piece. So I suspect I just need more PTFE + compound...
Replies
Views
I'm going to have my bathroom renovated and that includes changing my rusty old rad for a towel rail. I wanna cut down the costs as much as possible so there's things I want to do myself. In order to change the rad I'll have to turn off the lock shields then slowly drain the rad. The thing is...
Replies
Views
During an install of new boiler ('old' boiler died after 11-12 years) the system was "drained" but I guess maybe 90% of water was left in the (rather large) underfloor pipe system. What is the best way to tell how much inhibitor should be added in this case? (also taking account that system was...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need to drain my vokera 29 boiler in the attic as Im going away for 4 weeks at least to make sure there are no frozen pipes. In my small 3rd floor flat, I have a radiator in the front room and one in the hall (very close to each other), there is a drainage valve on one of these. My back...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock