Search the forum,

Discuss Central heating doesn’t start heating for about 45 mins in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

E

EA61AFN

Hi,

Been having a problem with our heating for a few weeks now. Heating is set on our Boilermate 2000 to come on at 5:15 but about 15 minutes later the radiators are still freezing cold with a small warm bit at the top. Another 15 minutes later and then it feels like hot water begins pumping around and I can hear/feel it.

Why is there a 45 minute lag between the light on the thermostat coming on and actually feeling the heating coming on? It used to be pretty much instant?

Is this a thermal store??.

Just read up a little and see it is, there is a separate circulating pump for the CH so check that this is running, also the store temperature must be > 60C, is the HW tap temperature OK.

Last edited:

Reply to Central heating doesn’t start heating for about 45 mins in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised valves simple bi-metal thermostat on wall in flat with 4 standard TRV's rarely used so not worried about the flat, and main house has Nest Gen 3 in the...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was not working. He changed both valves and still the radiator was not working. He put some chemicals in and said it should break up anything that is...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Context for issue: Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler shorted somehow, the boiler was then running WAY too hot and ended up blowing/melting a hole in one of the pipes. I repaired this by putting in a new stretch of pipe in and just connecting it to the existing pipes with two...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by saying I'd rather not read 100 "Hire a professional comments", I will do that when/if it comes to it, but I'd like to do it myself if possible. All images for system here: https://*********/a/ngPQkre Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock