Search the forum,

Discuss Ccts conversion and weather comp. in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

gingalig

Gas Engineer
Aplologies as I've asked before, but would like to clarify, I,ve been asked to convert from oil (Open vent) to lpg sealed, using a viessmann 111w, its being fitted to approx 3kw ufh with electronic actuators at the manifold for each ufh loop, and 7 rads on microbore. My plan is to use close coupled Tees at the boiler with a bypass, (primary circuit) use the boiler pump as a shunt, connect a second pump and zone valve for the secondary circuit (radiator system) and repeat for the ufh with pump, zone valve and blending valve. The system has been power flushed, all the ufh is new and the majority of flow and return primary pipework to the rads is being replaced, My other concern was complying with boiler plus, I usually fit weather comp although I have been informed that adjusting the heat curve will be ok, Any thoughts on the set up would be appreciated. In future I think I will be using a LLH.

Sounds fine can’t you just roughly draw it out also you won’t need a bypass

If using close coupled tees or a LLH you don't need a bypass yeah Shaun?

correct unless your programming pump over run on your secondary circuits and your using port valves etc

Ok, thanks buddy 👍. Never installed a LLH, in fact we did little installing and I've only come across a few of them in the domestic oil scene.

Sounds fine can’t you just roughly draw it out also you won’t need a bypass
Hi, Shaun, please excuse the scrawl. I was thinking something like this. If it looks wrong please let me know.
The ufh is all electronic actuators which made me question the need for a zone valve but it my well be best to include. I was also thinking mag filter and auto air release valve on the loop between boiler and secondary supply.

Attachments

• 20200218_122224.jpg
    20200218_122224.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 12
Looks fine 35mm tube ??

mans with ufh always include a port valve

Shaun I thought all CCT were 4 x pipe diameter centre to centre? Where or when would it be 8?

miss read it myself 8x min to the elbow /straight pipe

Looks fine 35mm tube ??

mans with ufh always include a port valve
The circuit from the boiler to the secondary circuit it going to be as small as I can get away with in terms of space, I was hoping to use 22mm to tie into the existing 22mm flow and returns from the boiler to the radiator circuit and 22mm on the manifold, the system is relatively small although I wouldnt want to restrict demand.

The circuit from the boiler to the secondary circuit it going to be as small as I can get away with in terms of space, I was hoping to use 22mm to tie into the existing 22mm flow and returns from the boiler to the radiator circuit and 22mm on the manifold, the system is relatively small although I wouldnt want to restrict demand.

sorry I mean on the cct loop

Hi, 35mm seems huge, do you mean the tees themselves and then scaled down, or the whole loop, It's my 1st cct system, hence so many questions and so little knowledge.

yea need to go at least one size up on the tees

Ok. So say you got CCT and say 4 secondary circuits, say the secondary loop is 28mm, sized to carry full load, you would install 35mm boiler primaries and Tee's to allow this mixing and cross flow? Sorry I'm just trying to familiarise it in my head

Ok. So say you got CCT and say 4 secondary circuits, say the secondary loop is 28mm, sized to carry full load, you would install 35mm boiler primaries and Tee's to allow this mixing and cross flow? Sorry I'm just trying to familiarise it in my head

boiler primaries depending on load could be 22mm then just upside the tee eg 35mm as your ring is 28mm etc if your ring is 22 you could use 28mm tees but wouldn’t go above 50kw with 28mm tees

boiler primaries depending on load could be 22mm then just upside the tee eg 35mm as your ring is 28mm etc if your ring is 22 you could use 28mm tees but wouldn’t go above 50kw with 28mm tees
Just to clarify, the boiler primaries
Hi, Just to clarify the primaries are 22mm and the loop was going to be in 22mm the boiler max output is 35kw although I would be ranging it down. If I up the tees to 28mm from the boiler to the loop would this be ok, also would the tees for the secondary supply also be in 28mm or would they be ok using 22mm, sorry for all the questions just trying to get it clear before I install. Many thanks.

Just looking at your drawing again why is the boiler and rads got ccts ?

Just looking at your drawing again why is the boiler and rads got ccts ?
When I first asked the question a while ago on a different thread about mixing microbore on the radiator circuit and UFH you had actually suggested it. I had a concern that the different demands could be counter productive. If I can climb back into my comfort zone and go for a straight install then that would be a whole lot less worry inducing, although my understanding of CCT,s has greatly improved and its been an interesting journey, I will install using them or an LLH at some point. Do you think there is no need for them ?

Don’t need to do it on the boiler or rad circuit unless you have pump on pump so remove the pump on the rad circuit and you will be fine

but keep your cct on the underfloor heating

Don’t need to do it on the boiler or rad circuit unless you have pump on pump so remove the pump on the rad circuit and you will be fine

but keep your cct on the underfloor heating
Ok back to the drawing board. I'm getting a bit confused. Please correct me if im wrong. Leave the rad circuit and flow and return from the boiler as a standard install, but add cct,s for the ufh. If so where would they be best connected.

Ok back to the drawing board. I'm getting a bit confused. Please correct me if im wrong. Leave the rad circuit and flow and return from the boiler as a standard install, but add cct,s for the ufh. If so where would they be best connected.

I'm a bit unsure what Shaun is saying as well. Why decide to go for CCT's in the first place? If it's a domestic property and the boiler pump is man enough and the sub systems aren't pulling too much flow rate for boiler then why not install your standard system?

I'm a bit unsure what Shaun is saying as well. Why decide to go for CCT's in the first place? If it's a domestic property and the boiler pump is man enough and the sub systems aren't pulling too much flow rate for boiler then why not install your standard system?
I had a slight worry about the different demands of the existing microbore pipework and the ufh. cct,s sounded like a revalation, subsequent research has proved everyday is definatley a school day, if I can install without and it has little or no impact on the set up then great. although I can see it would be better long term for the actual boiler. Im booking myself onto the vaillant llh and design course as it seems to tie in well with heat pumps ( another little minefield ) and I need to fill in a few holes. In this instance I'm happy to use ccts if needed now that i have better understanding of them but cant quite grasp what Shaun meant.

Reason to install ccts not enough space for a llh,

You have a big pump on a combi boiler / system eg 25 rads etc (the pump would put too much flow rate through the boiler hex effecting it also both pumps would fight each other),

Ufh when the system is up to temp the boiler would cycle a lot due to low demand eg 0.5kw
with ccts this would help the boiler as if the return is at a usable temp would pinch from this etc
[automerge]1582218807[/automerge]

After the port valve for the ufh manifold is the best place

So shaun am I right in thinking if sub systems required high flow rate, more than maximum allowed for boiler exchanger then its CCT or LLH time. This allows each sub circuit to have it's on pump

So shaun am I right in thinking if sub systems required high flow rate, more than maximum allowed for boiler exchanger then its CCT or LLH time. This allows each sub circuit to have it's on pump

exactly so for example but can always help when less flow rate is needed hence ufh when up to temp

worcester 42cdi heat only 25 plus rads on a 15-60 heat doesn’t get to the furthest x amount of rads stick a 25-80 on the system in the airing cupboard on the heating circuits with cct so both pumps are happy and the boiler flow rate is maintained

Reply to Ccts conversion and weather comp. in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock