• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net (formerly UKPlumbersForums.co.uk). Please login with your usual username and password. Or register for free if you haven't already done so.

Discuss cast iron waste issue in the Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Ian McGuire

Reaction score
hi guys,

I have a customer that has a downstairs loo that is too close to the wall for their comfort. They would like me to angle the loo to give them more leg room.

Went round with a 4" flexi to find an ancient 3" bore cast iron pipe connected with a macfit.

I have spent ages trying to find an adaptor or a suitable flexi but not had much luck.

I am now in rural Scotland so heading off to the suppliers is not as simple as it sounds so trying to find something online.

Thought to ask this knowledge base for any pointers

Cheers

Ian

Last Plumber

Trusted
Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
hi guys,

I have a customer that has a downstairs loo that is too close to the wall for their comfort. They would like me to angle the loo to give them more leg room.

Went round with a 4" flexi to find an ancient 3" bore cast iron pipe connected with a macfit.

I have spent ages trying to find an adaptor or a suitable flexi but not had much luck.

I am now in rural Scotland so heading off to the suppliers is not as simple as it sounds so trying to find something online.

Thought to ask this knowledge base for any pointers

Cheers

Ian
Can you not make something out of lead? and then insert a multiquick? If something like @CBW1982 posted won't fit of course, as that would be the easiest option.

OP
I

Ian McGuire

Reaction score
Can you not make something out of lead? and then insert a multiquick? If something like @CBW1982 posted won't fit of course, as that would be the easiest option.

not sure I could do something like that, would need to study the process and get some lead, must be a church around here somewhere :)

CBW1982

Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
Hi mate, got one of these but bore is 3", O/D is 3 1/2 or so which is the same as the outlet so it's just too big to fit into pipe
Hi mate,

At a push, you could use one of these (mac ext-c) trimmed back and a standard 4” flexible connector?

Straight Extension MACFIT

Failing that I’d recommend cutting cast iron back and using a flex seal coupling reducing to 75mm and a bit of soil pipe and fittings?

Flexseal Adaptor Coupling Non Standard Option 1 | Drainage Central

Last edited:
OP
I

Ian McGuire

Reaction score

Forum Sponsors

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers - Plumb Advice

Plumbase - Plumbing Parts for Plumbers - Plumbers Advice

Power Shower Booster for Power Showers - Plumbing Advice

Underflor Heating Systems by uHeat - Plumbing Advice

Wetroom Supplies by Wetroom Store