Search the forum,

Discuss Cartridge change on a concealed shower mixer in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi there.

I installed this concealed 4 way shower diverter and thermostatic valve in the early 2000s. I think it was an Ultra Helix from memory. The diverter (top) is leaking and needs replacing (or just the ceramic and seals).

I cant for the life if me remember how I get the face plate off. The temperature stop on the thermostatic valve (bottom) is stopping the face plate from sliding off.

I actually changed the thermostatic cartridge about 3 years ago so its certainly possible.

I have tried Allen keys down the centre of the splines but nothing seems to grab. Ive tried pulling the thermostatic part reasonably firmly.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated - Including memory enhancement techniques....

Attachments

• 20220202_171209.jpg
    20220202_171209.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 8
I found a diagram for a similar but non diverting mixer.

I think the temperature override housing must be corroded onto the thermostatic cartridge.

Shame I cant get to it to spray some WD in there.

I will gave it some leverage and a little persuasion with a hammer tomorrow.

Attachments

• ultra-exact-twin-control-shower-a3004.jpg
    ultra-exact-twin-control-shower-a3004.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 5
Face is probably just stuck on with silicone

Face is probably just stuck on with silicone
Thanks and good call but the silicone has been removed. I can move the face and peek behind it a bit. I think because of the leaking diverter it may have corroded the temperature override housing onto the thermostatic cartridge. Thats my best guess at this time anyway.

Reply to Cartridge change on a concealed shower mixer in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock