• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today!

Discuss Care home UFH wired incorrectly in the Water Underfloor Heating Installations area at PlumbersForums.net

OP
Michael Groves
Reaction score
I am confused by what you mean by a master valve? Are there just 2 zone valves. If so you have to have these otherwise the under floor would only come on with the water and they will want the underfloor on by itself .
Master valve is my terminology as it governs the subordinate vavles, look at the diagram, it's in series with the manifold valves. The manifold valve triggers the boiler when any of the thermostats call for heat. All the thermostats are wired into a relay for this purpose.

Harvest Fields

S. Mod
Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
Could be an old valve or it could be for a heating circuit. You need to double check it is for the UFH only.

OP
Michael Groves
Reaction score
I’ll double check again to be sure there is no third circuit, but otherwise I’ll unwire and leave manually open, then tell plumber to remove when he next drains.
Thanks guys,

Harvest Fields

S. Mod
Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
I’ll double check again to be sure there is no third circuit, but otherwise I’ll unwire and leave manually open, then tell plumber to remove when he next drains.
Thanks guys,
You need to make sure that it is definitely open all the time and cannot close at all or it needs removing at the same time.

RoryD

Plumber
GSR
Reaction score
Ditch it, it appears superfluous looking at that diagram.

oz-plumber

Plumber
Reaction score
It may be wired in with the DHW valve.
When the DHW valve is opened - the valve in question might close.
May have been done to simplify the wiring?

Forum Sponsors

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers - Plumb Advice

Plumbase - Plumbing Parts for Plumbers - Plumbers Advice

Power Shower Booster for Power Showers - Plumbing Advice

Underflor Heating Systems by uHeat - Plumbing Advice

Wetroom Supplies by Wetroom Store

Nicobond - Wetroom and Tiling Supplies - Plumbers Installation Advice

Corgi - Plumbing Supplies for Professional Plumbers - Advice for Plumbers

Do you have a DAB radio for work?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.