Search the forum,

Discuss Can't take off the knob/handle of my Grohe shower mixer in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Help!
I'm about to retile the shower area but I can't take off the handles or wall plate, unlike the two other Grohe mixers in my house there are no removable cap heads and there are no concealed screws. I am wondering if the shower handles just pull off (I've tried with a reasonable pressure but no sign of movement)
Unfortunately I don't know what model it is. I'm guessing it's about 15 year old and is still working well ( just can't get the handles off!)
Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

Attachments

• 46BD6809-4254-40EF-AA5C-7806C81BB158.jpeg
    46BD6809-4254-40EF-AA5C-7806C81BB158.jpeg
    66.3 KB · Views: 8
Does the end screw off?

If not it probably does pull off. I have done this before by placing a piece of wood along the wall to spread the load and then driving three hardwood wedges around, a bit at a time each, to force the handle off.

I have also had to resort to removing with a hacksaw- make sure you can get a replacement first!!

When you reassemble use some silicone grease to help in the future.

There’s a screw holding the handles on in the end

Reply to Can't take off the knob/handle of my Grohe shower mixer in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
I'm replacing the shower cartridge on my Bristan 1901 Thermostatic Exposed Dual Control Shower (Top Outlet). I have removed the cap and screw but the temperature handle won't come off. Am I missing something or does it just need more force?
Replies
Views
AlexTTT
A
Hi All Just looking for some advice on which Exposed Thermostatic Mixer Shower (Bar Shower) would go well with the Shower Pump i'm getting installed. So the pump is the - SALAMANDER PUMPS CT FORCE 30 SU REGENERATIVE SINGLE SHOWER PUMP 3.0BAR from ScrewFix - seems like a decent one for the...
Replies
Views
hi all i hope you are all well i'm planning to install my shower mixer on Saturday. today i was doing a dry fit and i wanted to show you some photos and questions. i'm using fast fixing brackets. i was wondering what length do i cut the pipe to? also my shower bar mixer has these cone shaped...
Replies
Views
I will be taking out my bath and putting a shower tray in. Under the bath there is a thermostatic mixer valve, I can't see ATM but pretty sure it's going to the bath taps, it is about 6 to 8 inches out of the floor boards so will be in the way, is it ok to cut it to floor board level'ish and...
Replies
Views
I've just replaced an Ultra SASF2 – M thermostatic shower cartridge together with the spring mechanism and the temperature sensor. My problem is this: If I install the thermostatic cartridge together with the spring mechanism and the temp sensor (i.e. do the job properly), the shower runs warm...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock