Search the forum,

Discuss Can’t post again till after 80 odd seconds in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

S

Sharp Point

Dare I ask what’s this new feature? Now you can’t post on the same topic until waiting nearly a minute and a half. Is this new software just trying to get you to limit the amount you add ? Another annoying function.

lets try this test .
30 ish seconds later .
works for me :) :D

So you don't spam the same thread with loads of replies. Just edit your existing one and it'll go through.

:)

Nope. That's exactly what it is meant to do.

You can quote the person, reply. Then simply carry on with your view or whatever. Why create a whole new post for it?

I thought you’d done away with the edit post function? Not very obvious on a phone
Once you know it's there you know it's there. :)

About 0.001% of people edit a post after posting. Why make it a massive button that gets in the way?

I understand why this feature has to be here but it's really annoying if your answering to numerous different threads answering questions. Does it have to be so long?

Firstly, it depends on your forum member level as to what the time is. It's different for new members than it is for arms and trusted advisors and whatnot.

Secondly, it's staying. Don't go around the forum just replying with short sentences and chatter. I know we need some banter but if you're not in that clique, it's not nice. And it's totally not useful for the thread. Which probably isn't a thread you created yourself - so why doe the thread started want loads of banter about say football when their thread is about them trying to find a certain tap or something?

It's to give you time to think about what you're writing. And to stop posting crap to the forum.

I will reduce it at some point, but right now I can still see lots of threads going off topic and whatnot.

I'll come spend a couple of weeks on here soon. Just finishing off the sparky forum. And I'll adjust all the settings again now we're getting used to this new software. And we'll see what happens then.

I am listening. Just haven't got the time always to reply or change a setting.

But the 'Word Minimum', 'Merge Double Post', and 'Thread Reply Throttling' is all part of the bigger picture to stop chatter taking threads off topic and to encourage good on-topic replies.

Make your own thread about the banter in the off-topic general chat forum area if you want bants. I'll perhaps relax all the settings in that category so you can quickly reply with one word each and make a thread massive with only 100 words in it.

But in a topic that's not yours, and is about a good topic, we want it to have nice paragraphs and lots of detail in it etc.

That takes more than 3 words, takes longer than 90 seconds to write, and doesn't require you typing three separate posts one after the next without other people replying between them.

:D

Reply to Can’t post again till after 80 odd seconds in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with advanced features - these cordless press tools are engineered for speed, precision, and ease of use across various applications. Just reply to this thread...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock