Search the forum,

Discuss Can’t get drain assembly out of sink. in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, I cannot get the sink assembly out of the sink. There is no nut underneath, it seems the top and bottom of the assembly screw together. It has been in there about 15years I reckon. Any help on how to unscrew it?
There looks to be 4 small recesses inside that you could a tool into and try and unscrew from below, but I don’t have anything to hold it in place.

Attachments

• DA69A3BE-711C-4BB0-9CC2-D04C90F273A9.jpeg
    DA69A3BE-711C-4BB0-9CC2-D04C90F273A9.jpeg
    505.4 KB · Views: 7
  • CDF83FF4-CA47-4399-A18F-211594D7CDDE.jpeg
    CDF83FF4-CA47-4399-A18F-211594D7CDDE.jpeg
    287.7 KB · Views: 6
  • A383B20F-CE2B-41BE-A61D-BA879402FF44.jpeg
    A383B20F-CE2B-41BE-A61D-BA879402FF44.jpeg
    285.4 KB · Views: 6
Two chisels crossed normally does it for me

Reply to Can’t get drain assembly out of sink. in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
Hi all, I have an issue with our shower's hot water. The shower is operated using two separate taps for cold and hot water. When the hot water tap is turned on, no water at all comes from the shower head - not even a drizzle. However, when the cold water is turned on it flows freely. The hot...
Replies
Views
I’m looking to get some advice on how to remove a stubborn kitchen tap. The sink is ceramic and I’m very reluctant to take a grinder or any power tool to the tap. The fixing plate is secured by a plastic nut. Not a brass nut. You can fit a box spanner over the plastic nut, but it doesn’t...
Replies
Views
    • Winner
Hi all, I joined today and am a newbie at plumbing DIY. Thought I'd share my experience replacing the stopcock under my sink. The old one looked very corroded around the tap handle. An Anglian Water engineer was at the property measuring my water pressure and flow rate. When he saw the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi. I have Charlton Mixer Tap in my shower i.e. thermostat and water control. I need to change the cartridge in the tap as it is dripping badly. However, I'm really struggling to access the cartridge. The way to remove the tap appears to be to unscrew the chrome covering i.e. this will bring...
Replies
Views
Hi Just had a new bathroom installed with a toilet bowl that reaches the back wall. Its has a bottom entry cold feed to the cistern. The fitter put an isolation valve on the pipe work for this :-(, the copper pipe comes up from a plastic pipe push fit. See photo. I did a tissue paper test and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock