Search the forum,

Discuss Cannot top up boiler pressure in the Australia area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello,

(Images removed. Please add them in a reply post directly to the forum.)

Please see the linked gallery with more details about the problem. Basically I can't figure out how to top up the pressure. Any help would be much appreciated! For some reason I can't get the imgur gallery images to stay in order but hopefully it still makes sense!

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

(Images removed. Please add them in a reply post directly to the forum.)

Please see the linked gallery with more details about the problem. Basically I can't figure out how to top up the pressure. Any help would be much appreciated! For some reason I can't get the imgur gallery images to stay in order but hopefully it still makes sense!

Thanks.
I order to help you gravy you will really need to add more info normally a post like this with complete info will get 12 replies and you will be sorted out in under a few hours
centralheatking

I had more details in the imgur gallery but it seemed to get removed for some reason. I'll try posting it again

Are there any other details which would be helpful to know?
[automerge]1572699496[/automerge]

Last edited by a moderator:
Please add images to the forum itself by using the attach file button. Thanks.

Ah, I'm new to the forum and didn't realise you could upload pics that way.

01.jpg

My boiler showing the low pressure gauge

02.jpg

An overview of the pipes below the boiler

03.jpg

A silver hose that I thought would attach to somewhere to increase the pressure

04.jpg

It doesn't screw into the fitting below it

05.jpg

It can't reach the fitting in the bottom right

06.jpg

A view of the underside of the boiler. Maybe there is somewhere here to increase the pressure?

Any help would be great!

The braided fill pipe has been fitted the wrong way round.

Check first that the non return valve is working correctly by opening the isolating valve on
the loose end of the braided pipe.

Remove the filling hose from the top after the check valve and fit the isolating end to the nut (close the isolating valve.

You can now fit the loose end to the lower isolating valve.

By opening the slotted valves you can now bring your system up to the required pressure.

Make sure both valves are closed when finished.

Check that the check valve is holding by opening the valve on the flexi eg the end that isn’t attached to anything

Remove the valve from the end of the flexi (the end that isn’t attached to anything)

Then put that end on the valve on the other piece of pipe and tighten up

You should now be able to fill your system

I'll have a firkin or two of what this one is on! :p:p

What is to disagree with what Heliotrope Smith posted?o_O

When I read your post comes out with the same problem he’s got now

I read it as

Check the dcv is working via ballofix

Remove compression flexi off the dcv

Install the valve on the other end of the flex where the compression nut is

Now install the other end onto the valve one problem he’s left with a female compression both ends like he’s got now as the flexi isn’t swivel / loose but both ends

???

Oh dear! Oh dear! This site is going to the dogs!

Get sober and read the post again!

Just need to reverse the filling hose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Heliotrope and ShaunCorbs, with your advice I fixed it!

IMG_20191103_112957.jpg

I took the fitting off the end of the flexible pipe, I'm not sure why it was on there.

IMG_20191103_113049.jpg

Then it connected to the fitting below and I could increase the pressure.

IMG_20191103_114157.jpg

It's in the green now! Thanks again!

Good thanks for the update

The boiler was running when I topped it up. However it has increased a bit further with the boiler being left on for longer and is now around 2.2 bar. How do I reduce the pressure?

2.2 bar is fine when fully hot / warm

Reply to Cannot top up boiler pressure in the Australia area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock