Search the forum,

Discuss Cannot get my heating timer to work! in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello,

Newbie here, appreciate the help in advance.

Moved into a new property last year and kind of forgot about the problem over the summer and with life. Now its getting chilly again the problem has re surfaced so hoping to get some advice.

I have a combi boiler with a Drayton Lifestyle Programmer and x2 thermostat's, one in the hall downstairs and one in the master bedroom upstairs. I have the timer set for the heating to come on twice in the day, morning and evening. The problem is the heating comes on whenever it pleases and seems to based on the thermostats not the timer. I have checked the time on the programmer, checked the timings set and checked that it is set to timed, everything is correct.

I would expect the thermostats to be set to say 20 and for the heating to heat up the house to this temperature for when the heating programmer is set to come on. It is likely i am being stupid but any help would be amazing!

Thanks,

Josh

Good evening Josh,

Set the programmer to off, turn the thermostat’s up, if they bring the heating on then the programmer has been bypassed.
Hi,

thank you for the quick reply!

I turned the stats down, programmer off. wacked 1 stat all the way up and the boiler fired up so that sounds like the problem! The next question is what do I do next?

Thanks again,

Josh

Are they programmable room thermostats or just plain dial types? If the latter may, and you want timing then you either need to link them back up with the programmer or purchase some programmable ones. I’d say you have zone valves as well with having 2 thermostats.

Are they programmable room thermostats or just plain dial types? If the latter may, and you want timing then you either need to link them back up with the programmer or purchase some programmable ones. I’d say you have zone valves as well with having 2 thermostats.
Thanks again,

they are normal dial type stats. Assume by zone valves you mean the ones on the rad's? if so then yes.

I would like them to be timed by the programmer so linking them back up seems like the best option. Is it a case of change some wires over or is it more difficult than that?

The house is under 2 yrs old as its a new build so surprised they are not linked!

Thanks,

Josh

No, zone valves separate the house into zones, hence why you have 2 thermostats. If it’s under 2 years, then it’s classed as a defect and you should be able to get the house builder back to rectify it at no cost to you.

No, zone valves separate the house into zones, hence why you have 2 thermostats. If it’s under 2 years, then it’s classed as a defect and you should be able to get the house builder back to rectify it at no cost to you.
Thank you for your help as i have been scratching my head on this!

I have contacted the builder and hopefully get the issue resolved.

Thanks again,

Josh

Reply to Cannot get my heating timer to work! in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock