Search the forum,

Discuss Can you recommend me a set of ratchet swivel head spanners and where to get. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
As title says. Hoping to pick up today so if anyone knows somewhere that sells a decent set for a reasonable price that would be great.

Thanks

8-19mm.

Din't want to spend that much as i don't think I will use them a lot.

Thanks for the reply though.

Ash even the rolson sets are ÂŁ50 in machine Mart. That halfords doesn't look too sad plus lifetime warranty...

If your not going to use them....... Why buy them? I only buy tools I need unless it's Milwaukee then by default it's needed

Why buy them?

Shiny of course.

Tbh the rigid (non-swivel) ratchet spanners are more useful as a rapid spanner/socket set replacement, even with a set of swivel heads you'll probably still reach for adjustables to attack a nut or fitting at an odd angle.

Use at least one of mine on every service. Invaluable if you ask me......which you didn't

Halfords have offers on at times got their fixed head ones last year . also got a cheap aldi set of flexi head ones to keep in my general toolbox and have to say had them 2 years now and they have not broke yet well worth ÂŁ12

my silverlline set was around ÂŁ60 , lifetime warranty, use them all the time and althougn they arent as pretty as snap on, they still do the job :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can you recommend me a set of ratchet swivel head spanners and where to get. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I wonder if anyone could offer some advice. I’m looking for a new combi and thought I may as well upgrade to smart controls if we have to change it. I’ve pretty much worked out that I need a boiler with decent modulation (10:1 or as near to it would be great). I’d like a stainless heat...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by the survey. I have had loads of plumbers over, and have always carefully checked their reviews/tried to vet them as much as possible. However, I've had...
Replies
Views
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/05/12/the-heat-pump-farce-has-finally-been-exposed/?li_source=LI&li_medium=liftigniter-rhr I realise not many have a sub to Telegraph (neither do I) but this is the article in full. As for the statement by BG, I haven't corroborated it but it seems an odd...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am new to this forum and I hope someone can help me find the most efficient settings for my boiler and radiators. I moved house and I have been using approx. 30% more gas in my first two months here if compared with my previous flat in the same period last year. The settings I am...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical, carpentry it's been never ending. The house was built by Barratt Homes in the year 2000, it is a 3 bedroom house called a Palmerston, the CH/HW system is a Y...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock