Search the forum,

Discuss Can you name and shame on here? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Guy

Been out to a customer today and after bleeding radiators and sorting water pressure they refused to pay.

There is a burst water main up the road and therefore she has no water and so boiler says no pressure. She seems to think that I haven't done my job properly which i know i have. She had told me previously that she had refused to pay a plumber as he "Did something to her boiler." I should of seen it coming. My first rogue customer.

Can you name and shame? Or is there any way of letting other tradesmen know about her?
I suppose she will just have to be as write off as i won't get my money. Cow.

Well we can not have a name and shame on here, as we do not know the facts, just as we would not let anyone name and shame a plumber with personal details

However at my local merchants we have a list of trouble customers, the reliable trade users can use and a bounced cheque section

Maybe a offer to come back when water back on and finish filling system, get everything going ,you could look at it as a lost job or start a fresh and treat it as a new job ,at least that way you get something out of it
She may be a rouge customer or one that has been bitten by a ''so called plumber'' before, which has in all fairness happened to a lot of people
If this is the first time you have met customer, trust has to be built up, if she has been bitten and you go back ,finish the job,( that’s about 10mins anyway) and get everything working ,you may well find that you gain a very loyal customer
But then again she may be a cow.......but keep your options open as long as possible

imho

Last edited by a moderator:
Also if you go back, you'll be in the house and you can then refuse to leave until you're paid. Not my recommended action but an idea.

My preferred method would be as Puddle's advice and also that great word, "Communication". She has probably mis-understood what you've done and you might well not have explained it enough to her for her to understand that what you have done is worth a few pounds and call out fee. So I'd telephone and return and talk in a friendly way. You might still not be paid but 9 times out of 10 it will result in you being paid either in full or at least something - and you might even get a recommendation out of it which is worth far more than a criticism.

I've had two customers not pay me but it was my choice and I told them I didn't want their money. It sort of takes the wind out of their sails (or is that sales!!?)

Problem is she was very arrogant, and didn't want to listen a word i said and thinks she knows better. I hate customers like that. When i asked her to let me finish what i was saying so she could have a clear understanding she said i was talking down to her. I did know such thing i just wanted her to understand. She constantly cut me off when trying to tell her what the issue was and she would say "We both need to keep a calm head, not get flustered, i have to live with this problem." She's totally tapped. I wasn't stressed and was calm and clear at all times. At first she tried to say i had turned off her water even though she called me out and had lost her water before i even got there! wtf?

Plus she isn't worth going back out to as she's nearly an hour away. I have just written the job off now and will be putting her name out there.

Sadly Guy that is part of our job i have been done a few times by customers and have just simply written them off and will refuse to go back, i have even spoken to a few other local plumbers and warned them when one of them had also has the misfortune of meeting one of my rogue customers although this nameless tradesman seeked revenge in a way that i wouldn't think about although really funny but not recommended , every time he passed this customers house he kept turning their water off from outside and they had to keep calling someone out ( yes they hadnt figured this out or bothered to check themselves ) and as far as i know he still does this everytime he drives past, childish but very funny all the same.

there are many ways to politley ask a customer to pay. I am not a cowboy and so if my work goes un paid i treat it as theft so i try to persuade them to pay me and I might ask friends for thier 'advise'.

I sent her a text stating i would send her an invoice through the post and if isn't paid within 14 days i would be taking legal action and she has agreed to pay me now.

You have done well - your customer has agreed to pay you for work carried out. At the end of the day that is what its all about
we have families to feed and debts to pay ourselves. Being nice to get your dosh is best. GET THE LOLLY YOU ARE OWED AND NEVER GO BACK.

I would take the invoice round 'as you were passing' if no cash take a cheque -if the cheque bounces it is fraud but cash in this situation is best.

We have on occasion if its a local area threatened to go around the neighbours and tell them we have not been paid.

Going to law and small claims court is for small sums no good + takes ages I should know my mrs is a barrister

centralheatking

I would like to name and shame an organisation who are based Birmingham, I am in London and subbed to them. They charge an outrageous amount and have been paid for every job I have done...13+ Yet they have not paid me at all...now I am very very unhappy...

I would like to name and shame an organisation who are based Birmingham, I am in London and subbed to them. They charge an outrageous amount and have been paid for every job I have done...13+ Yet they have not paid me at all...now I am very very unhappy...

why 13 first 3 with me if they dont pay them they dont get work done simple

Because they pay 7 days in arrears.....So I put in my payment request last Wednesday as was suggested in order to received cleared funds today. They have not even started to sanction payment to my self

I agree. However today, I have gleaned that they have earned them selves a less than glowing reputation trading under a different name.....mmm....perhaps it is the barrel that is off.....:furious3:.

Best to wait for a mod to come along and advise before you do, shouldn`t be long.

Sorry. No.

Naming and shaming could open a can of legal worms for the owner despite the disclaimer that all opinions are those of the op.

That could then result in this forum being shut down. Which would mean many of us would then be able to spend quality time with our families.

We would hunt you down and leave you pegged out for the crows to peck at your eyes.

Sorry. No.

Naming and shaming could open a can of legal worms for the owner despite the disclaimer that all opinions are those of the op.

That could then result in this forum being shut down. Which would mean many of us would then be able to spend quality time with our families.

We would hunt you down and leave you pegged out for the crows to peck at your eyes.

Somebody my girlfriend knows was walking down the canal minding his own business when he came across a crow trapped in a 4 pack holder or something .....he couldn't simply walk past and see it suffering so he released it even with the crow pecking his hands and when free it flew up in his face and pecked his eyeball out!

True story sadly, can I name and shame the crow?

Somebody my girlfriend knows was walking down the canal minding his own business when he came across a crow trapped in a 4 pack holder or something .....he couldn't simply walk past and see it suffering so he released it even with the crow pecking his hands and when free it flew up in his face and pecked his eyeball out!

True story sadly, can I name and shame the crow?

Hahahahaha shouldn't laugh but that cracked me up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can you name and shame on here? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock