Search the forum,

Discuss Can you help identify the jacuzzi / whirlpool / spa bath so that I can replace the drain plug seal? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello

I am trying to identify a jacuzzi / whirlpool / spa bath so that I can replace the drain plug seal which I suspect is leaking. Unfortunately I cannot get to the actual bath to investigate myself a common problem at the moment I think. The owner has supplied pictures of the bath, plug seal and seal / O ring. At the moment we just want to get the bath to hold water so she can have a hot bath. My main suspect is the seal ring which looks like an O-ring but may be something more complicated which has been damaged. Water drains as fast as it goes in.

Thanks

Paul

Attachments

• image005.jpg
    image005.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 11
  • image007.jpg
    image007.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 8
  • image008.jpg
    image008.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 8
  • image010.jpg
    image010.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 10

Hi Shaun,
thank you for your suggestion, It never really occurred to me that this was an option. I used to work in the oil field drilling business and ran equipment that had to seal against 20000 psi and so became very cautious about O - ring usage and would never have considered glue joints. But what’s the worst that can happen in this case? I loose the water down the drain.
I take it Nitrile rubber is fairly soft and a generous size of cord could be used in this instance
thanks again
Paul

Correct you will need to find the correct size oring but tbh it’s cheap enough to get an either size eg for 7mm eg 6,7 and 8mm least you can have a play

I had to make one for a old unknown toilet frame flush pipe leaking from install used gorilla super glue to make the join

Attachments

• D6C1C533-82CD-4226-8C24-8DD9606010E0.jpeg
    D6C1C533-82CD-4226-8C24-8DD9606010E0.jpeg
    376.7 KB · Views: 8

Reply to Can you help identify the jacuzzi / whirlpool / spa bath so that I can replace the drain plug seal? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good morning! First post looking for advice on an issue I am having with a bath installation. Although I have installed many baths before, mainly using perimeter battens for support, I am attempting to install a fancy whirlpool/jacuzzi bath for my son. Plumbing and electrics are sorted but my...
Replies
Views
Firstly, I already have a fair idea of what I need to do to fix the problem (I hope plunging will fix it, I just need to buy one), I would just like to know what sort of thing can suddenly obstruct the pipe that my bath drains to. The problem... Normally someone can have a bath and then pull...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some help on this shower drain installation. I’m about to install a corner shower kit in my basement bathroom. But I just found out the shower drain is actually extruded from the bottom of the shower base and I have concrete floor with the drain pipe rough in. I have the drain pipe...
Replies
Views
my bathroom sink (installed 2017) was broken recently and needs replacing. on inspection there is no brand name and only a few markings so I'm guessing its a trade sink that plumbers would buy. The sink has 1708 indented in the china which i guess is a model number but doesnt show up on google...
Replies
Views
Hi , I'm wondering whether anybody can help me at all ? My boiler has started making noises which I am unable to identify. If anybody is able to guide me to the route of the issue itll be massively appreciated. I'm looking for an idea of how much it will cost to get it repaired. The water has...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock