Search the forum,

Discuss Can you connect a 32mm basin waste to 40mm bath waste? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a basin waste and a bath waste that ideally I would like to connect together - to empty into a hopper.

So can I connect a 32mm basin waste to a 40mm bath waste - if so using a reducer or is there some 32mm to 40mm T?

Or should I upgrade the basin waste to 40mm if possible?

Ideally using solvent weld fittings if possible.

Upgrade the basin to 40.
If you stick with 32 - reducers are widely available. Unequal Tee / y fittings not so much - you put the reducer Into a socket of the y fitting.
If possible bring them both into 50mm - bigger pipe - less blockages. Chamfer all edges and ensure continuous fall.

So the bath waste comes straight out of the wall and then bends 90 degrees to the right. Then there is a small decline of 10cm over 1.75m before another 90 degree bend down into the hopper.

Sink waste comes out and bends down 90 degrees then 90 degree to the right. Drop of 8-10cm over 1.25m before a 90 degree bend down into the hopper.

Reply to Can you connect a 32mm basin waste to 40mm bath waste? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock