Search the forum,

Discuss can you bend 15mm coated copper in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes (by coated I take it you mean plastic)
but you will need different former & slides or think they do an external spring.

yes you can and normally a sparks bender will do, but there are special ones out there for plastic coated

Bends can only be pulled on the ends of each length of pipe if that suits the installation then fine otherwise you would have to make a joint.

Thanks and I guess you won't be able to see any rippling :). Joining coated and normal copper is not a problem?

Is this plastic coated going in as new then James or is it existing & you are just coming off it with R250 (for the oldens Table X) cos you could use 15mm plastic coated soft copper R220 off the coil & bend it by hand ?

No problem joining together BTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to can you bend 15mm coated copper in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Is there a way of bending 22mm coated copper with a bender without stripping back the coating?
Replies
Views
Hi will be using 12x1.6mm MLC for a project and would like to terminate into a fitting other than an UFH manifold, eg, regular 15mm copper. Can't seem to find a coupler for that - any ideas out there? cheers Andy
Replies
Views
S
Hi, hope all is well! I’ve fitted a compression cap on two of my shower mixer copper pipes (15mm). One of them has scratches and burring and is very slightly out of shape. It leaked but I added some PFTE tape over the olive and it seems to of done the job. However… I’m tiling the wall and...
Replies
Views
Evening All, We've just moved into gas boilers (after years doing gas) and are currently tooling up. On our first install we had problems bending the 10mm plastic coated, white pipe. Possibly because of the sub-zero conditions the covering shattered when we bend it by hand. It measures 12mm...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a troublesome fixed 15mm copper pipe with isolation valve going to my toilet fill valve. It's too tight for a Flexi hose. Can I use a push fit tap connector instead which will give me more flexibility in fitting?
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock