• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.

From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss Can water flow rate be measured at the supply pipework? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

My tap is a "Perlator sink tap (p-ix 501 ib" and I get a very substantial increase in hot flow rate from 5.1 LPM to 6.6 LPM (29%) when I remove the very fine aerator/filter, the hot flows through the centre of the spout and the cold around this central core, don't know if you can get a more free flowing "spout" or not but maybe worth looking into because 6.6 LPM at 70C will give ~ 13 LPM at 40C from cold at 10C which should be sufficient for most purposes. The highest flow I see in the attached Franke file is 6 LPM (hot), from a "Moselle".
I think I actually have this moselle tap with the perlator swivel aerator.

Attachments

• tap-flow-rates.pdf
    94.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Reply to Can water flow rate be measured at the supply pipework? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net