Search the forum,

Discuss Can this type of system be used for cooling too? in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all, I hope you're keeping well in this madness!

I wanted to ask a (probably stupid) question. I live in an apartment with underfloor heating, I've pictured what I can of it as I'm sure that'll make more sense than me trying to describe it.

During summer, I rely on a mobile aircon unit and fans, but it crossed my mind, the controller for the underfloor heating actually goes down to 5 degrees. Does this mean it can effectively cool too?

I switched it back on today, set the thermostat to 7, and I can't yet really tell if it's pumping cool or hot water through as many of the pipes are hot instead.

Any thoughts?

Thanks as always for your help. Stay safe.
Dan

Attachments

• IMG_4776.jpg
    IMG_4776.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6752.jpg
    IMG_6752.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_7159.jpg
    IMG_7159.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 9
It can be done with the installation of a heat pump to chill the water.
The main problem is that the chilled water can cause condensate on the floors, so you need sensors to stop the chilled water causing a ice skating rink.
Very expensive process - out of most peoples realms

Reply to Can this type of system be used for cooling too? in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock