Search the forum,

Discuss Can this thermostatic mixer tap be flipped? pic included in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello

Hoping if someone could help me. My bath tap sadly is hooked up wrong. Botched job by plumbers i hired last year. Can't get them bacl sadly to fix it.

The hot water is running to right tap and cold water to left tap.

It's not much of a problem for 9 months of the year, as i have a thermostatic mixer valve and don't touch it.

But in summer because of the reversed water supply i can't reduce the temperature of the water mix.

For the moment don't want to call in plumbers to reverse the solid copper pipes underneath bath.

So was wondering can the actual thermostatic mixer valve inside the tap be flipped?

So that it works correctly , even if upside down .

fe5Hf5

20170622 060611
20170622 060611

Last edited:
I see.
Sorry no, the internal of the mixer is different on the thermostat and shut off.

I see.
Sorry no, the internal of the mixer is different on the thermostat and shut off.

pity thanks. will have to hire a plumber to swap the pipes around.

anyone have any idea how much it costs to cut off copper pipes and then resolder them to correct taps?

broad estimate is fine. just would like a starting idea. In uk London.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can this thermostatic mixer tap be flipped? pic included in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock