Search the forum,

Discuss Can this gas pipe stay here ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

JTplumbingservices

Gas Engineer
The wall with the red X is being taken down and the wall with the red arrow is being extended along and the boiler will be getting repositioned on it. The gas comes from the loft down behind the strap where I have marked in yellow. Can the gas pipe stay in there with me just elbowing it out through the new partition wall ? or as it’s going to be an inaccessible void will it have to be brought down from the loft inside the kitchen ?

Attachments

• BE7EB299-20CD-428C-A117-194934B13098.jpeg
    BE7EB299-20CD-428C-A117-194934B13098.jpeg
    193.5 KB · Views: 53
  • B3DDD018-8230-47E9-8EF3-AB1459EDF5F8.jpeg
    B3DDD018-8230-47E9-8EF3-AB1459EDF5F8.jpeg
    127.9 KB · Views: 53
I would say it’s going to be fine it’s only like putting a gas pipe in a stud wall

Just no compression fittings

Difficult to see can’t see what the issue is to be honest just make sure it’s away from electrical cables and sleeve it
I was always told if a gas pipe has to pass through a void it has to take the shortest route possible , this takes the longest route possible though that space running approx 2.5m vertically from the ceiling down to where it would return back into the kitchen.

Need drawings really of how it’s is now and after the work done because I’m guessing by looking at them photos
Best way to explain it is boiler was in a kitchen cupboard which is now being blanked off so the cupboard space is just an inaccessible void behind the new wall and the boiler is being repositioned on the new wall so the cupboard space is now just a space between 2 walls and inaccessible. The gas pipe runs inside it all the way from ceiling height to near enough floor height where I’d be bribing it back out through the new wall. But I didn’t wanna do that, I wanted to put a new hole inside the kitchen and run a new gas down there so it’s not in that space.

Suppose you can run a new pipe but as long as the joints are good on the pipe inside he void couldn’t see any problems to be honest ,might be over looking a little ,

Reply to Can this gas pipe stay here ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock