Search the forum,

Discuss Can this be repaired? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Phil

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
20190810_160344.jpg
20190810_160344.jpg
20190810_160336.jpg

PVC tape maybe? ;)

Mains hot from a combi..

Don't waste your time to repair it. Despite repair it won't hold. And it is merely cost about ÂŁ6.
Ha ha its my sense of humour, I meant it as tounge in cheek.
I replaced with copper as this is the second one to burst apparently and I'm hard piping most baths I do now anyway.

I was asked to do this bathroom 10 years ago but it needed to be done in 10 days while they were on holiday and must be completed when they return so I refused as I can't work with a gun to my head, in the end this guy took 4 weeks and its been a problem bathroom ever since, bath taps are a nightmare to get to due to the first 300mm of bath being in an alcove.

Only one place for that bud did it have wras stamped on it ? I have had a few call outs to replace burst flexes normally cheap rubbish or fitted incorrectly under strain or kinked. Kop

That's worth a fortune! it's vintage! Don't repair it, it'll ruin the patina.
[automerge]1565954970[/automerge]
Been out to so many of these which have split I won’t use them anymore.
Horrible things

I said that not long back, IMHO they're garbage. OK to get you out the Rubbish on a Friday afternoon but its a matter of time before they fail.

Reply to Can this be repaired? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few seconds! Can anyone tell me what is causing this? And how to cure?
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
I have attached an image of the brass body within a tap. Having replaced a cartridge which has cured a leaking tap, I can see that there is a small leak from the brass body which can be unscrewed. Is there a seal behind the body? Thanks.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock