• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.

Discuss Can the ballcock valve 'stick' shut due to hot weather? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Neil23

Our attic water tank (which is boarded in and not easily accessible) decided to stop filling up today... (we couldn't hear it filling up) and with the temperature outside reaching 32+ I am wondering if this might have caused a problem. The temp this evening outside has gone down to 21 degrees outside... and all of a sudden we could hear the tank filling up again.

Is it possible that the hot weather and increase in attic temp has caused the ballcock to stick?

Or... could low water pressure cause this (added to the rise in temp) - although the water pressure seems to be okay (albeit slightly lower than normal).

Reply to Can the ballcock valve 'stick' shut due to hot weather? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net