• Welcome to PlumbersForums.net - The international free plumbing advice forum. Professional plumbers sharing advice with fellow plumbers and DIY alike. Register for free today! - Checkout the Plumbing Advice forum and then our Plumbing Videos area which still needs populating.

From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss Can someone tell me what this is? in the Valves & Taps area at PlumbersForums.net

R

Ric2013

Plumber
You can also install them without a flow-limiting insert and then you just have a nice full-bore valve.

Unfortunately, leaving this kind of valve half-open is likely to increase the risk of it seizing. Try not to use brute force in freeing it off.

JCplumb

JCplumb

Esteemed
Plumber
If that's seized don't use a screwdriver, you'll snap the brass. A small set of adjustables over the flats would be a safer option.
Also, have you used a measuring jug to check the flow, as mentioned above that will have been set originally to protect the heater.

OP
D

darkh

ok, I adjusted it and got it working. When the flow was too much the water was just luke warm - apparently too fast to heat it - and if it wasn't enough it was cold. I had to really fine tune it to get it to heat the water properly. But fixed now.

Thanks.

Reply to Can someone tell me what this is? in the Valves & Taps area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

Most Viewed Threads