Search the forum,

Discuss Can someone please save me tonight? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tirednconfused

Soo, I booked installation with the delivery of my washing machine but it could not be installed!

The hole for the hose to go through was not big enough (not a huge deal as I can drill it).

I have the waste connector thing, can't post the link but it's the Floplast compression waste overflow hose connector from B&Q (£1.42).

I assume it's the right thing?

Can someone please help me do this? I really need to use it tonight and I can't afford to pay £50 to get someone else to do it.

The guy said I could connect it all myself, it's easy, just attach the hose to the cold pipe with the blue lever at the bottom. Is that it? I heard something about needing to turn the water beforehand - I can't tell if it's off or on! Well I guess it must be on right? Do I need to turn the lever? Should I switch off the water from the boiler room?

He took the brass cap off the waste connector bit when he was here and then put it right back on. I have tried to do this myself since he left and for the life of me cannot get it off! Should I try using pliers? If I can't get it off can I put the waste pipe in the sink just for this evening?

Any help very much appreciated.

no tools!!

you will only get wet once, yes you can hook the hose over sink using parts supplied.

all the guy needed to do was cut off the rubber at the end of drain hose thread through and connect.

argos by any chance?

Pretty straight forward, turn blue leaver so its perpendicular to the valve no need to touch anything else, screw your hose onto it be real carefull not to cross thread - do it SLOWLY and make sure your female connector on the hose is paralel to the valve as you are tightening it. Once this hose is tightened on both washing machine and your valve you can turn the leaver and see if its water tight.

Uncap your waste (i assume the brass cap went into the BnQ waste connector) use pliers if you have to and push your wm waste hose as far back onto it as you can, make sure its tight. If you cant for some reason yes you can run it into the sink but secure it down so it wont discharge all over your floor.

TE]Not the same machine from August last year?[/QUOTE]

Umm, yes ...I was in the uh pre-planning stage then...

all the guy needed to do was cut off the rubber at the end of drain hose thread through and connect.

argos by any chance?

Lol no, the co-operative. It's not the drain hose that wouldn't fit, sorry if I was unclear - it's the bit that connects to the cold water pipe, there's a plastic round thing attached to the end and it won't fit through the designated holes in the cupboard. I asked if they're all a standard size, he said yes, it's a bit strange as I'm sure the old tenants must have had a washing machine and used those same holes.

Pretty straight forward, turn blue leaver so its perpendicular to the valve no need to touch anything else, screw your hose onto it be real carefull not to cross thread - do it SLOWLY and make sure your female connector on the hose is paralel to the valve as you are tightening it. Once this hose is tightened on both washing machine and your valve you can turn the leaver and see if its water tight.

What does that bit on the hose look like? When I turn it water will start flowing immediately or do I need to switch the machine on?

Uncap your waste (i assume the brass cap went into the BnQ waste connector) use pliers if you have to and push your wm waste hose as far back onto it as you can, make sure its tight. If you cant for some reason yes you can run it into the sink but secure it down so it wont discharge all over your floor.

No it's still on, he took it off and put it back on again.

Thanks for all your assistance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can someone please save me tonight? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock