Search the forum,

Discuss Can someone advise on the fitting. in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Is this elbow good to go. Goes from 15mm speedfit to 15mm copper then out to mixer. Will this bend cause any reduce in pressure.

Attachments

• DB676B66-B1BB-48B6-A0B9-FD478D5E047F.jpeg
    DB676B66-B1BB-48B6-A0B9-FD478D5E047F.jpeg
    53.6 KB · Views: 37
It’ll be fine whatever if it’s high pressure , if gravity fine for basin/toilet - not for bath.

Is this elbow good to go. Goes from 15mm speedfit to 15mm copper then out to mixer. Will this bend cause any reduce in pressure.
It will limit the maximum flow rate slightly but probably not to a significant extent depending on the length and bends in the rest of the run and the design of the mixer. These days, it's common practice to use 15mm tubing to supply baths if the supply is unvented.

Now i am getting a bit worried now. The heating system is just from a combi boiler i have no expansion vessels or tanks in the loft space. Will this fitting be fine to feed the bath? Would fit a 15mm compression elbow behind the wall but as it will not be accessible once tiles are on then if something happened then you guys no the rest.

The flow rate to the bath will be governed by the Combi boiler, not the pipework.

For your joint you are better off with a soldered fitting than a compression one.

Need to check as I don’t want to start hacking off the plasterboard on the next room to gain access if a problem occurred.
As already said, don't bury compression fittings. Also, in my opinion, if you are going to bury pipework under expensive finishes with no access you should pressure test it.

You can get some quite neat inspection panels / doors that can be a solution in some cases.

That joint looks fine to me and will be great for your application nothing wrong with it

Reply to Can someone advise on the fitting. in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock