Search the forum,

Discuss Can somebody tell me what these are called? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have purchased a wall hung toilet to go onto a concealed cistern and I have been told to replace these (please see pictures) as the threads have gone. Could you please tell me what these are called so that I can order some replacements.

Many thanks.

IMG_7263.JPG

IMG_7264.JPG

They look like special items

Your best bet would be to phone the manufacturer up and ask them for some replacement parts

It's to hang the toilet onto the frame

You sure about that Shaun? Every wall hung pan I`ve seen has been hung on steel threaded rods or bolts, look more like seat fixing parts.

Yea much prefer that type

Depends on toilet tho normally that type still has the threaded rods poking through but you poke them in the toilet fixing holes and push the toilet onto the threaded rods then do up the Allen key set / grub screws onto the threaded rods

(Hope that makes sense)

Looking at the photo again, unless Mandy has very small thumbs they do large for a toilet seat fixing. :)

Oi, stop biting your finger nails Mandy! ;)

Yea much prefer that type

Depends on toilet tho normally that type still has the threaded rods poking through but you poke them in the toilet fixing holes and push the toilet onto the threaded rods then do up the Allen key set / grub screws onto the threaded rods

(Hope that makes sense)

There are two steel rods that the toilet does go on but in addition there are these fixings which apparently the threads have gone from being over tightened.

When I called Geberit they had no idea what I was talking about and said I needed the name of the parts that I needed replacing (which makes sense). I just have no idea what these are called :/

Do you know the manufacturer of your toilet is it geberit as well ?

Looking at the photo again, unless Mandy has very small thumbs they do large for a toilet seat fixing. :)

Oi, stop biting your finger nails Mandy! ;)

Those aren't my fingers lool!! Those hands belong to my mother actually. Basically my mum and dad are doing up the house and have asked me to source replacements of these parts. So I'm just trying to help out :)

Reactions: rpm
You sure it's not a Grohe branded one ? Never seen a geberit with hidden fixings ?

Could it be from the fitting the cistern to the frame kit?

Hi
They come with the wall hung toilet, not the frame.
They fit inside the pan. And are for side fixing the pan. Mostly found on villeroy and boch and Duravit pans

I will ask my supplier what they are called .

You sure it's not a Grohe branded one ? Never seen a geberit with hidden fixings ?

No it's a Geberit Toilet. It's this one:

Geberit iCon Rimfree Wall Hung Toilet : UK Bathrooms

My parents are trying to fit this onto the Geberit Monolith which is a glass case concealed cistern.

Geberit Monolith For Wall Hung Toilets : UK Bathrooms

My dad is a retired plumber who basically installed this to the Monolith (concealed cistern) but it was moving slightly before the silicone was on. So he tried to tighten the fixings and the thread went.

Hi
They come with the wall hung toilet, not the frame.
They fit inside the pan. And are for side fixing the pan. Mostly found on villeroy and boch and Duravit pans

I will ask my supplier what they are called .

Aww thank you. Please let me know what they say :)

Yes that looks like it. Thank you so much. Do you think they can be used with any wall hung toilet?

They should do but as with everything these days can't be 100%

Your only guaranteed way is to email geberit a pic of what you want or if you phone them up you want the icon rimless toilet fixing kit (the kit that attaches your toilet to the frame)

My parents are trying to fit this onto the Geberit Monolith which is a glass case concealed cistern.

.[/QUOTE]
Small world!
My mate owns uk bathrooms and that's who I just rang, to see what they were called.

The instructions for these say to leave 10mm from the face of the tiles to the thread end ( your dad will know what I mean) but I leave 7mm. This allows the pan to be pulled back to the wall a bit firmer.

They should do but as with everything these days can't be 100%

Your only guaranteed way is to email geberit a pic of what you want or if you phone them up you want the icon rimless toilet fixing kit (the kit that attaches your toilet to the frame)

Ahh ok then will do. Thank you for your help. Much appreciated.

Small world!
My mate owns uk bathrooms and that's who I just rang, to see what they were called.

The instructions for these say to leave 10mm from the face of the tiles to the thread end ( your dad will know what I mean) but I leave 7mm. This allows the pan to be pulled back to the wall a bit firmer.[/QUOTE]

No wayy!! It is a small world isn't it haha. Thanks for the advice, I'll pass it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can somebody tell me what these are called? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with advanced features - these cordless press tools are engineered for speed, precision, and ease of use across various applications. Just reply to this thread...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock