Search the forum,

Discuss Can some aerators not come out? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

C

Coraline D

Hi,
I’m looking at removing an aerator to install a filter on the tap in my bathroom.
I’ve been trying with a sticky pad and pliers and it’s not budging whatsoever.
Not sure if i’m doing it wrong (mainly trying counter clockwise to get it off, tho tried clockwise at some point too out of desperation).
It looks like it should come off from the sides but maybe it actually doesn’t ?
Any advice ?
Thanks so much for the help
Pictures coming up

There’s no picture?
If there are flats on the sides it should come off with a spanner, counter clockwise.
Some now seem to be screwed up inside the spout, these require a special plastic key - very similar to a football stud key.
This will have been supplied with the tap but they often go missing.

Reply to Can some aerators not come out? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built downstairs shower room. Recently he had this downstairs shower room re-fitted/decorated. Quite a simple set up consisting of a sink, toilet and shower...
Replies
Views
I’m about to embark on a new listed building restoration project. There are seven bedrooms and three bathrooms, one of which in downstairs so not very convenient. I’ll be looking to sell on once completed and people basically expect a bathroom per bedroom these days 🙄 so need to get creative. As...
Replies
Views
Hi all, can someone get to the bottom of this before I call a plumber, en suite shower started leaking from the mixer bar so took the shower off and capped it off for the time being, fast forward 3 months the same thing in the main bathroom, that one is leaking from the mixer bar, (no issues...
Replies
Views
Another newbie in the forums. I’m a 33 year old and after having worked in the Graphic/Web Design industry for around 8 years, I worked a few positions, did a bit of freelance and was continually working late hours and evenings unpaid as well as every weekend. I ended up getting burnout and...
Replies
Views
Rad is leaking from TRV valve, seems to be seeping out of where the pin comes up. I tried tightening up the nut below the pin, but that didn't help. I then looked online and saw that removing the nut and packing with some plumbers tape may help, but whenever I try to remove the nut a load of...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock