Search the forum,

Discuss Can my flue be fixed from outside wall in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

My boiler flue isn’t angled slightly towards boiler. In case of water. Can this be corrected from the outside of flue?

Gas safe said the flue should be slightly angled towards the boiler to allow water to go toward boiler. I’ve just had my kitchen decorated and don’t want it ruined. So guy who was supposed to do it is coming back. But I want him to do it from outside

Gas safe ? have you had a problem with the boiler installation or just a safety check by them ? again pictures please other wise we are not able to give accurate advice .

Gas safe said the flue should be slightly angled towards the boiler to allow water to go toward boiler. I’ve just had my kitchen decorated and don’t want it ruined. So guy who was supposed to do it is coming back. But I want him to do it from outside
Gas safe ? have you had a problem with the boiler installation or just a safety check by them ? again pictures please other wise we are not able to give accurate advice .

Attachments

• 0DA949A5-C369-4873-9837-F9F08BEB7E24.jpeg
    0DA949A5-C369-4873-9837-F9F08BEB7E24.jpeg
    415.6 KB · Views: 29
  • A88CDD04-6B08-44AC-8EDD-0F33D4391212.jpeg
    A88CDD04-6B08-44AC-8EDD-0F33D4391212.jpeg
    387.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 82436F67-17F6-4C0F-BEFD-6D16BFD5DDFE.jpeg
    82436F67-17F6-4C0F-BEFD-6D16BFD5DDFE.jpeg
    346.5 KB · Views: 29
The man who came to fix my boiler I didn’t trust. He left holes and had broken the integrity flue plastic piece and as you can see in pic the screws are hanging out

What's the full story here ? it looks like a old Baxi boiler did the flue fail ? it looks as if a section has been replaced and not very well either, shoddy workmanship in my opinion it may be possible to improve it externally it depends on the engineers skill set , there are clear instructions in the boiler manufacturers instructions for gas flues passing through a timber constructions he would well to read them . Kop

What's the full story here ? it looks like a old Baxi boiler did the flue fail ? it looks as if a section has been replaced and not very well either, shoddy workmanship in my opinion it may be possible to improve it externally it depends on the engineers skill set , there are clear instructions in the boiler manufacturers instructions for gas flues passing through a timber constructions he would well to read them . Kop
The man who came to do it was rushing and cursing. It didn’t feel right to me. No warning notice left when he said carbon monoxide was present. That’s why I wanted gas safe to check it over. If can’t do what’s needed on outside I will find someone else. I’ve had nothing but Afro from him with this boiler. He is making me wait until 14th oct to come. There are no skills with him

I maybe asking too much but I’ve just had kitchen wallpapered. There’s no way he is ruining that. He didn’t sand and cement the holes last time. I don’t think he has that skill and gas safe won’t return to check work.

Gas safe don't have any powers to make him improve the job if it's not a danger and complies with the gas regulations, however ugly the job is , you have two options - 1 - wait for said engineer and hope he makes a better job at a second attempt ?? - Get another engineer to sort it and send him pictures and the bill . Kop

Urgency? He said it will have to wait until I’m back off holiday. I wish I never bothered. The stress is too much. Thank you for you help

Urgency? He said it will have to wait until I’m back off holiday. I wish I never bothered. The stress is too much. Thank you for you help
Like get your bum round there double quick , get a decent GSI to do the repair and bill him .

Well, you'd have to take him to court if he doesn't pay. Whether you would win or not depends, of course, on the full back story.

People on here are suggesting Gas Safe will be very interested if he's left the OP with an unsafe situation, but I'm left wondering whether the original installer is even Gas Safe registered.

Can I do that? Send him bill I mean. What if he doesn’t pay
You need to pay the 2nd installer, but then try and recover the money from the first one.
You can’t just send the 2nd installers bill to the first guy and hope he pays him.

Can I do that? Send him bill I mean. What if he doesn’t pay
You can get good advice about how to handle this sort of dispute from your local Citizens Advice Bureau and/or their national website:

They are a charity and do a lot of good work so, if you get advice from them and can afford it, please give them a donation.

Reply to Can my flue be fixed from outside wall in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock