Search the forum,

Discuss can i use a mid position actuator to replace a zone valve actuator in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

garygvl

Esteemed
Gas Engineer
can i use a mid position actuator to replace a zone valve actuator

No mate has to be correct head , if you want a cheap fix bes sell the whole valve for around £20 ish bought one myself this week . Kop

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191205-044132_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191205-044132_Chrome.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 12
But you have to connect both white and grey wires to where the brown wire of the old head was connected.

By doing it as you are implying you are effectively making this a diverter valve and having either HW or CH, not both at the same time.

Edit: just seen original post 🤦‍♂️.

By doing it as you are implying you are effectively making this a diverter valve and having either HW or CH, not both at the same time.

Edit: just seen original post 🤦‍♂️.
No your using it as a zone valve
[automerge]1580066024[/automerge]
But you have to connect both white and grey wires to where the brown wire of the old head was connected.
Yes done it a few times when didn’t have a zone head, never caused any issues

No your using it as a zone valve
[automerge]1580066024[/automerge]

Yes done it a few times when didn’t have a zone head, never caused any issues

Yes I realised after initial comment what you were getting at hence the edit lol.
So you've done this and never had problems?

was just being devils advocate on this one to see replies i got. surprised you were the only one who replied to the original post expected more. a little bit of improvisation goes a long way to keep customers happy
Every days a school day bud totally agree improvisation is what it takes sometimes . Cheers kop

Reply to can i use a mid position actuator to replace a zone valve actuator in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock