Search the forum,

Discuss Can I run 2 gas boilers off the same gas supply ? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
Can I run a conventional central-heating-boiler + an instantaneous hot water boiler, off the same gas supply ?

Many thanks

depends on what meter you have also depending on what kw appliances you are planning for

depends on what meter you have also depending on what kw appliances you are planning for

Thanks for the reply.
That's what I thought.

How do I find out what the max output of the supply is?
Is it stated on the gas meter?

Then I assume that the boilers will state what supply they need ?

Is that it, or is there any formula that needs to be applied?
eg: Is it just that both boilers total usage must be within the total output available from the meter, or does there have to be some % less?

Can both boilers be fed from the same gas pipe, or should there be two seperate pipes tee'd off from the meter?

Many thanks

Yes should be in m3/h

Correct 30kw and a 30kw water heater will be fine or 40kw and 20kw etc

Correct total needs to below rated capacity

You can supply both from the same pipe but needs to be sized correctly

Reply to Can I run 2 gas boilers off the same gas supply ? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi all, thanks for adding me. My Veissmann v50 combi gas boiler has recently started to supply only lukewarm water to the bathroom above it. This is about 3 metres away, so quite a short pipe run. It supplies hot water fine to the kitchen taps, which are about 1 metre away. It also supplies very...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Does anyone have any feedback as to which is best. Running the pipe from the outdoor gas meter to a new boiler on an outside wall or run the pipe under the floor (suspended timber) which is our existing setup and the new boiler is being sited in same location as old. I ask just in...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a gas warning notice for at risk as the outside wall meter box has been drilled through for the gas pipe to go horizontal straight to the boiler. The...
Replies
Views
  • Solved
Hi, I am looking for a bit of advice. Our Gledhill hot water tank was installed incorrectly 18 months ago and has been sending bubbling hot water to our plastic header tank in the loft every time we turned the heating on. We first noticed an issue with a leak in our bedroom ceiling which we...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a ferroli falcon 2 boiler (yes it is pretty old). A few days ago the hot water started going hot and cold when running. Monitoring the boiler, the demand light works fine. When the water gets up to temperature every 10 seconds or so, the boiler stops for a fraction of a second...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock