Search the forum,

Discuss Can I reuse these pipes or will I need new ones? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I want to move these two 22m water pipes closer to the wall - the pipes were never chased into the plaster but fitted onto the wall. Now the plaster has been moved I was thinking of moving the pipes nearer to the brick and then covering with plasterboard.

Will I be able to reuse these pipes or will I need to fit new ones?

IMG_2206.JPG
IMG_2205.JPG
IMG_2207.JPG
IMG_2208.JPG
IMG_2209.JPG

As you need to move them fit new and don’t forget about expansion

They shouldn't be touching the brick wall, it can cause corrosion and damage to the pipes, the pipes should also be clipped to the wall to stop movement which can cause leaks at the fittings and annoying noises. If they are too proud with clips I would do a chase so you can get them to the right position.

Reply to Can I reuse these pipes or will I need new ones? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I’m fitting a small basin on a floating countertop (30x40cm) and will be chasing the internal clinker block wall to around 100mm wide to accept a 32mm waste and two 15mm copper pipes. There is no option to box the pipes in whatsoever due to space. I’m looking to fill the cavity with foam rather...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I hope you can help. We were getting some work done and our builder attached the boiler condensate pipe to the sink waste pipe. This was all then covered with dot and dab. Shown in the picture, red arrow. So the only thing visible now is a round pipe from the wall. We are yet to fit...
Replies
Views
Hi all We noticed water suddenly backing up through the pipe for the dishwasher drainage pipe yesterday - first time this has happened. When I move the pipe up vertically, the issue goes away. The dishwasher is new and was installed a few months ago. Looking at the pipe on the wall it...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, first post here So I have been boxing in a number of heating pipes that are throughout my garage since the boiler was located there by the previous owner, they decided to run pipes all along the edge of the garage floor... I do however have one that goes vertically out of the concrete...
Replies
Views
60's ranch, with single bathroom. Tile over concrete slab. Toilet is about a foot from exterior brick wall. Vent pipe is in interior wall behind toilet. There's a concrete patio outside the bathroom, that extends about 10 feet from the wall. I'm considering adding an ADU in the back yard, and it...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock