Search the forum,

Discuss Can I move this water tank as shown in the diagram? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello,

My apartment has a tiny bathroom and a large kitchen. I am remodelling the bathroom soon, almost a quarter of the room is taken up by the water tank 'hotpress' as shown in the image. Is it possible to move that water tank to the area shown inside the kitchen? I'd be moving it approximately 1 metre to the left, to the other side of the main entrance door and hallway.
plan.png

The elevation of the tank off the floor would not change. The mains cold water input to the apartment is in the kitchen already.

Would a reduction in water pressure cause problems for me? If so could that be sorted out using a pressure booster pump?

The cold water feed would then run from the tank in the kitchen area under the floor to the bathroom. There it would feed the existing small water heater, the shower, basin and toilet.

This is the tank:
tank.png

Tank dimensions (standard for small apartment, its called a 'closet' tank).
tank-dims.png

Would love to be able to make this change. Would water pressure be a problem? Any other ideas or concerns?

front-view.png

Thank you,

Dave

Reply to Can I move this water tank as shown in the diagram? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock