Search the forum,

Discuss Can I joint a manrose part onto a soil pipe to use as part of the soil vent? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi. I finally got the keys to my first house a few weeks ago. It's a small house so I'm doing what I can to save space. Currently, the vent pipe in the bathroom for the toilet's soil pipe is boxed into the corner of the room, against an external wall and an internal wall that is roughly 7cm thick. I've googled and googled, and I think I've found a way that I can get the vent pipe to be incorporated into the wall so that it's effectively invisible, and I can remove the boxing.

The question I have is.... are manrose ducting parts compatible with waste/soil plumbing parts? and are they water tight like waste/soil pipes are?

I think what I need to do is reduce the vertical 110mm soil vent pipe into a 100mm manrose pipe beneath the floorboards in my bathroom and then reduce this into a flat channel that will continue to run up through the internal wall cavity in the corner of the bathroom up through the ceiling where i will convert it back into a circular pipe to exit through the roof... does this sound feasible? and would it meet regulations?

Thanks so much in advance,
fknmarko x

Reply to Can I joint a manrose part onto a soil pipe to use as part of the soil vent? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I've not posted for a while, not a plumber, but a keen DIYer who likes to try and do things without bodging if I can. Basically I'm wanting to create a cloakroom toilet in our utility room, theres already hot and cold feed so thats one job made slightly easier, thankfully. The problem I'm...
Replies
Views
D
Had a collapsed/cracked collar on the 90deg angled piece that my soil pipe sits in which is leaking water so has needed replacing. Access has been through the outside wall to inside as the soil pipe is internal and boxed in. Now I was expecting the plumber to fit a ‘rest bend’ but a 90 degree...
Replies
Views
H
Hi all I am just after a bit of advice. I'm buying a new house with a downstairs bathroom. I can not see a vent pipe on the outside of the property or an AAV in the loft. It's a terraced house, so thought maybe it shares the neighbours vent stack? It look like all the waste pipes go down...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have an old toilet on the top floor (to be removed) which empties into an outdoor vertical SVP and into the ground. The pipe is straight with a vent terminal on top. Another toilet on the ground floor empties through the suspended timber floor into (what I suspect) a drain. I wish...
Replies
Views
D
Hi there I have an existing soil stack on the side of my house. I have extended the house by building a loft. The loft company ran the waste from the loft over the roof straight into (i.e. closing off) what was the soil pipe - and added an AAV at loft level. However now I am reroofing and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock