Search the forum,

Discuss Can I have water supply run to various areas of my manufacturing building without providing a sanitary drain for each water supply location? in the Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello all.

I lease an industrial space in the United States, in which I will be doing manufacturing of ceramic, pottery type items. The space is zoned for manufacturing and the applicable plumbing code is: State of Illinois Plumbing Code, 2004 edition and subsequent amendments.

I am interested in having a licensed plumber run hot and cold water supply to a few different areas, but providing a sanitary drain for those areas will be cost prohibitive. I will be using minimal amounts of water from those plumbing drops and would catch any overflow in portable drums to be drained into the 1 utility sink that is present in the unit. (I will be providing an aggressive 3-stage clay trap for that utility sink to prevent clogging the sanitary pipes...)

So. Does code allow one to run fresh water supply to an area in a manufacturing building, without providing a sanitary drain for such? The unit does have a floor drain near in one of the rooms and the other room is adjacent to that floor drain, so in the case of accidental water spillage, the clean water would drain across the concrete slab to that drain to exit the building.

Please give me your thoughts and knowledge on this topic! I will be grateful for any guidance you professionals can provide! Please feel free to ask for any additional information you may need to give me guidance on this question.

Thank you VERY much!

Sincerely,
Paul

Last edited:

Reply to Can I have water supply run to various areas of my manufacturing building without providing a sanitary drain for each water supply location? in the Commercial and Industrial Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock