Search the forum,

Discuss Can anyone tell me what this is? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm doing a bit of renovation and finding all sorts of old pipes in the walls that go nowhere (blanked at both ends or just hanging) with the scrap value of copper might as well get rid. I'm not a plumber by any stretch but I am curious. I have this in the attached picture The one on the right goes to boiler and bottom left to pump before the 3 way valve just wondering what it is and what the top 2 pipes coming out of it are for.?

Thanks for any information.

View attachment 15164655916639110372604563496506.jpg

its an air separator

Thanks.

So will those top 2 pipes just go back to the expansion tank in the loft?

yes 15mm will be the fill and 22mm the vent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can anyone tell me what this is? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, would anyone like to hazard a guess at what's causing this problem on the ground floor of our house? As you can see, the bottom of both sides of the door frame are wet. The doorway is nowhere near any windows and is positioned pretty much in the centre of the house. Could this be water...
Replies
Views
Hi, could anyone tell me what this is and what function is serves please:
Replies
Views
Does anyone know please what kind of fitting this is? I have hot cold wallmounted faucets for a bathroom basin. The original taps (pictured were not gripping and slipping around the pipe)I was told by a plumber that he couldn't find any similar taps with a fitting like this (some sort of...
Replies
Views
Context for issue: Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler shorted somehow, the boiler was then running WAY too hot and ended up blowing/melting a hole in one of the pipes. I repaired this by putting in a new stretch of pipe in and just connecting it to the existing pipes with two...
Replies
Views
B
Context for issue: I'd like to start by saying I'd rather not read 100 "Hire a professional comments", I will do that when/if it comes to it, but I'd like to do it myself if possible. All images for system here: https://*********/a/ngPQkre Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler...
Replies
Views
Butchy10
B
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock