Search the forum,

Discuss Can anyone identify this cistern...? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nomagnolia

A few weeks ago, I dropped the cistern lid off one of our toilets at work. We've asked the company who originally supplied it, but they've said that as there aren't any markings, logos or other identification on either the lid, the cistern or the loo itself, they can't even identify who made it, let alone what model it is, to enable us to get a replacement.

At the moment we're flushing it by pushing a pencil into the flush release thing shown on the right-hand side of the three bottom images ("Did you hear about the constipated mathematician?... he worked it out with a pencil"), so it kind of works, but obviously it'd be great to get it repaired. Does anyone recognise the maker or have any ideas about how we could find it out? As you can see from the images it's about 16.5cm deep by 39cm wide.

-5AWrZ7T4ep1WzPLswe0IJoqrU2kaD4M4zihAAjkRXCLQxpfe_R2hfphKIUHXYd-wncAv8-GeXii3-k=w2526-h1219

Q_lYk722VqRNKmj7HRBa8Z4g7uqSsguKWwFlqWI6gcH3-tqWeb_PthWU_uk3cFmRqxeThUbbiFSws7E=w2526-h1219

AHXvktodGkypjQJ0MXJgVESufu2lM5R7QRbMFMnNd_8VBTuaa7PPVMCWgmRbKJEuZdm1s1VV39Vn7W4=w2526-h1219

2vQ4oCdge7f_ZeN-hflQK8cDWiMKknhJqgz5uQCMgHLWv6ZLXkFBb_2NIj1w7NqWGcLIzLoq8S79opI=w2526-h1219

pBnF65scUIfo6o8bFfgd-T_hgdShxEPN1Aiq1GDaMZcNrj7lc3_AU3kmBs6Y5KHB8jQCrXbfDpktbBs=w2526-h1219

9PbZ7Mw545roTL36DG6WSaZoF9o_3nWrpzusfxrkvRvHiR1DO8g04PLLhp9W86nhTSNvUynHsgK1IPI=w2526-h1219

Think you might be better off posting a picture of the w/c its self and the cistern inners

...and stop hiding ya contraband in the cisterns!!:tounge_smile:

There is a website offering replacement lids, but the prices are outrageous. (replacementbathroom.co.uk)
I'd be looking at replacing the whole toilet as depending on your location, it could work out cheaper than sourcing a new lid.

drip-dry - ha! Yes, we've switched to hiding it in the ceiling grid ;) What do you mean about the w/c itself though, isn't that it in the bottom picture? (I can give you a shot of inside the bowl, but there's no handy logo or anything in there sadly)

JCplumb - yes, that's an option - I think the company who originally supplied the plumbing for the whole building suggested they could get the lid on its own if we could find out who made it...

drip-dry - ha! Yes, we've switched to hiding it in the ceiling grid ;) What do you mean about the w/c itself though, isn't that it in the bottom picture? (I can give you a shot of inside the bowl, but there's no handy logo or anything in there sadly)

No,you have just posted pic of cistern lid...we could do with a picture of the remaining toilet pan and cistern

stock-illustration-56204548-cartoon-toilet-waving_zpsq71lwhqa.jpg

Well, I'd post images of them, but for some reason the forum keeps telling me "new posts are limited by URLs and can't contain forbidden words"... yet it's not telling me what constitutes a forbidden word.

I've tried inserting the images, and posting links. Ho hum.

Not sure how you managed to post your original pic. The forum stops anyone who has less than a certain number of posts from posting links/pics etc. as a spam prevention measure.
It's a pain, but a necessary one.
You can mail me the pics at [email protected] if you want and I'll post them up. Include a shot of the whole loo, a close up of the cistern and one of the lid. It may get a hit from one of the guys here.
You say the guys who provided the loo originally may be able to get a replacement lid, I'd check the price before agreeing that one after some of the online prices I've seen. (£168 just for a lid!)

That's so kind of you - really appreciate it. I'll email you the pics now.

Thanks!

Think I fitted one very similar am going to merchants where I got the suite from tomorrow should be able to get a photo and then see how different they are for you.

If you remove the push button from the lid, it locks into the cable that attaches to it so you wont have to use a pencil,
I haven't a clue on the make though

Thanks all, that's given me some good pointers - I'll have a look online in the next couple of days!

Yep, it's the default loo that came with the office, so cheap would probably be the word!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Can anyone identify this cistern...? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

C
Hi there, I have a bath tap that is not producing hot water. Can anyone identify the mixer valve shown in the attached images? It does not look like anything I can find online. I have tried soaking the valve 'cartridge' in vinegar, which removed a lot of scale. If I constrict the cold water...
Replies
Views
Just moved house. Need to change the seat on this toilet, but after buying 3 (that did not fit), and spending around 6 hours trawling the web, I can't find a seat that matches the dimensions I need. I am stumped, and hoping one of you just recognises this by sight! Info / clues: Neither the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I recently had new cisterns installed by a builder, who unfortunately turned out to be a cowboy; and has since been kicked off-site. He told us that he’d fitted Geberit; but, I’ve now been informed that they’re most likely a generic Polish model. Anyway, no one seems to be able to...
Replies
Views
I am having a slight difficulty with a concealed WC cistern enclosure (I am pretty sure it is a Grohe) which is operated by a pneumatic push-button (no logo). Upon removing the tiled sections that conceal the cistern I am able to get the WC to flush simply by pressing down on the flush-valve...
Replies
Views
Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come over the wrong way so please keep in mind I am 57 and at school in the 70s back then was kicked out the lessons and put in remedial classes (before...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock