Search the forum,

Discuss Can anyone help me with setting up a new water dispencer for the office? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello! This is my first post so I apologise in advance if I've posted in the wrong area.

My company just ordered a replacement for the water dispenser in the office. I thought it was as easy as unpacking, plugging in, switching on and placing a water bottle on (sadly in that exact order
:(
). To my defense, I work and live in a foreign country so the manual was not in English and I couldn't read the instructions.

Unfortunately, I realized after plugging it in and switching it on that there was a clicking sound that got me worrying, so I quickly looked online and realized I shouldn't have switched it on nor plugged it in even. I proceeded to switch it off and unplug it, while also adding the water and draining it through the hot water facet.

I then plugged in and turned on the appliance, but the hot water light won't turn on. The weird thing is when I switch the hot water on the power light switches off and when I turn it off again the power turns on.

Have I irreversibly damaged my company's new appliance? I only had the hot switch on for not more than a minute initially. Is that enough time to cause such a damage? I'm afraid I'll be paying for something that I shouldn't have even been doing in the first place but was asked to. I also thought the technician that brought the appliance should have set it up, but that's beyond the point now.

I've switched off everything and unplugged the device for now. What should I do?

Any advise would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
What machine is it ..there is little you can damage but plenty to flood if you get it wrong
Centralheatking

I believe the name of the water despenser is DK2V208.

Below you can find a link to the company's site, however everything's in Czech.

What do you mean by "little to damage, plenty to flood"?

Suggest you get someone who can to translate the instructions, or paste them into a translation program.
"if all else fails..."

Reply to Can anyone help me with setting up a new water dispencer for the office? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, New here & my first post! I have a Worcester greenstar 24i, it is a conventional boiler, it has a water tank upstairs. For the past year the hot water when turned on was intermittent. I repressurised the expansion vessel to 1 bar and the hot water switch when turned on worked...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have an OSO Direct 210 hit water cylinder installed in my home, with 2 switches (on/off; and boost). The boiler is for hot water only (rads are electric). In the 5 years that I’ve lived at this property, I’ve never once turned the boiler off; however, with soaring energy prices, I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, We moved into a new property yesterday and are a little baffled by the heating/water tank situation. The previous owners unhelpfully left any kind of instructions/manual and therefore trying to figure out ourselves. We have what looks like a boiler/water tank system (coming from a standard...
Replies
Views
Good Afternoon all, I am hopeful someone may be able to offer some guidance on the following. In the home we have a gas boiler (serviced annually, October time) providing hot water to the CH system which is split into 3 zones (Honeywell 2-way valves) and it also heats the HW tank (Tribune...
Replies
Views
I am generally a decent handyman, can usually make 2+2=4 and take care of most things to avoid troubling experts with just the basics, but know also not to bumble around blindly beyond that. We moved house last week and with the glorious hot weather we weren't bothered about the heating, more...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock