Search the forum,

Discuss Can anyone help identify fitting pictured. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

5559B09C-EEC4-4D3E-87C4-8FA4697548AA.jpeg

Hi, I’m trying to find out what the fitting is in the picture. It’s fairly old (maybe 80’s) and has started leaking water. I figured it’s some kind of valve but can’t find an old picture of it anywhere. It’s located next to the old concord boiler in the kitchen.

Any help would be much appreciated.

View attachment 34342

Hi, I’m trying to find out what the fitting is in the picture. It’s fairly old (maybe 80’s) and has started leaking water. I figured it’s some kind of valve but can’t find an old picture of it anywhere. It’s located next to the old concord boiler in the kitchen.

Judging by the holes I'd say most likely a pressure relief valve. If it's like one I had many years ago it has a conical seat with a corresponding spring-loaded plunger. The plunger has a groove with an O-ring. You would need to drain at least partially, and undo the end nut. Put a spanner on one of the other flats to hold against yourself and avoid twisting the pipe. If the internals are what I think, you can renew the O-ring.

It’s an old 1/2 spring safety valve.
Seen on lots of old gravity systems. Touch it at you own risk, it will leak more. Best to look at the pipework and system and see if it can be capped

It is definitely an old type spring relief valve. I find them on loads of old oil boilers.
If it is still required then just fit a 3bar pressure relief valve if you can terminate the pipe from it.

View attachment 34342

It's a spring loaded Pressure relief valve.

It is definently a spring safety valve. It will cost a couple of pounds to replace. Try your local Plumbase branch they will help.

Reply to Can anyone help identify fitting pictured. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock