Search the forum,

Discuss Can a waste cap be unscrewed? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Can anyone advise - can this type of cap be unscrewed? (one end of a kitchen waste pipe) If so, is there a tool to unscrew or should it be able to be unscrewed by hand?

Similar to the following...
polypipe-solvent-weld-waste-40mm-screwed-access-plug-black-ws30.jpg

Yes, generally. Depending on how long it’s been in, it’ll probably needs some pressure from water pump pliers/grips to undo. Careful though, as it could break.
Thanks - it has been on there 20+ years... not sure if it is glued on or screwed... difficult access at back of sink unit... I wonder how it could break.... that would be more of a pain..

Reply to Can a waste cap be unscrewed? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know where I can get one of these? Toilet is leaking into the bowl. This one pushes in with a half turn but I can't find one anywhere.
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Our kitchen mixer tap has started dripping. Like so much of the plumbing in our almost new build bungalow, it is lacking! The plumber didn't install any isolating cocks in the H&C feed to the tap so how can I identify which of the valves is passing? Shut the whole H&C water system down?
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock