Search the forum,

Discuss Can a combi in a cellar supply a radiator in the loft? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

If you have a Vaillant ecotec 28 in the cellar - supplying 7 radiators - 3 on ground and 4 in first floor - could that also supply a radiator in the attic?

So I need to add an extra pump to the Combi boiler on the central heating circuit?

Most boiler pumps are suitable but if you have doubts then using a Grundfos pump calculator (which can be found online) and by inputting some data it will give you recommended options, you could then see if your pump is suitable.
It may be that a second pump is recommended but when you start adding multiple pumps you then need to think of hydraulic separation.

Without going into thermodynamics, do what you want.
If it doesn't work, then go to Plan B and put a second pump in with a hydraulic separator.

I doubt whether you will have any issues with your existing setup.

I've done plenty of jobs where additions to the houses, technically means the boiler is undersized.
I generally tell the customer to keep the existing boiler and see how it copes. ( if the boiler isn't too old )
If it doesn't cope, we'll upgrade the boiler at a later stage.

Reply to Can a combi in a cellar supply a radiator in the loft? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
I am currently in the middle of a complete rennovation of my house and need some advice on what kind of boiler to get. The house will have 4 bathrooms in total. One on the ground floor (shower), two on the 1st floor (en suite has a shower and family bathroom has a bathtub and seperate shower)...
Replies
Views
Would like some help please as my Drayton Wiser system is a mess. I had 2 TRVs in the lounge, one in the main bedroom, the rest of the house - 6 other radiators and 2 bathroom towel radiators are just normal valve s. We live in a 4-bed, 3 storey house, as converted loft. Common problems were...
Replies
Views
Hi, Sorry if question already answered in previous posts, but I can't find a solution to the below: We recently moved house to a new home that has previously been extended. In one of the bedrooms that has been extended there are 2 radiators, one which looks like it was fitted when the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just a query about what size in KW gas combi boiler do I need for a top floor flat (3rd floor). I have a Vokera Easi heat plus (20kW) gas combi boiler and it does the job, the radiators never go as hot as the should for example there are ten dots on the heat dial but the radiators...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need to drain my vokera 29 boiler in the attic as Im going away for 4 weeks at least to make sure there are no frozen pipes. In my small 3rd floor flat, I have a radiator in the front room and one in the hall (very close to each other), there is a drainage valve on one of these. My back...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock